Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey lets talk about some possible good news. SuperSprint. Everyone’s favorite header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started this thread, to commend Supersprint for fixing their QC issues.
    If a GB so happened to come from it, cool. (That said, I certainly would not sign up for one started on a FB group lol!)

I'd really like to confirm more info on the production side from SuperSprint themselves, or as mentioned the extremely knowledgable Supersprint members from the M3F side.

Comment

I have a set comming via ECS, they have an in stock date of Aug. 25th. Not sure if this "new batch" will be part of that, I sure hope that is the case but the timeline doesn't match up in my favor, Aug 25th is pretty soon and if they just started making changes I will probably not be getting those.
      If the welds are bad and especially if the flanges do not line up I will be asking ECS for some of the new and improved versions or my $ back.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

^Yeah, not sure on the timeline for the set you ordered. That said, I don’t think ALL the prior batches are junk. Nor do I think the “new” ones are some magical re-invention of the SS product. Just look over your set carefully. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lmao I actually had a nightmare last night that I ordered V1s and they came with warped flanges, smh.

Comment

Better make sure you dont get old stock on an order.

Comment

Just received these, they look good.

Comment

^Nice! How long ago did you order these? Have a feeling this threads gonna be not so hot on my wallet lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Exclusivs View Post
                  ^Nice! How long ago did you order these? Have a feeling this threads gonna be not so hot on my wallet lol!

About end of May direct from SuperSprint

Comment

the SS weld are already TIG welded, how does new TIG welders fix issues with jigging, fixturing and QC?

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                      the SS weld are already TIG welded, how does new TIG welders fix issues with jigging, fixturing and QC?
                      Roast.

LOL
                      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 BMW ///M3
                      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Comment

^Nice!

Were the original QC issues across all SS header variants? Or just stepped V1's?

Comment

Euro headers make the exact same power and fit like a factory part. For the price SS charges they should be gold fuc#$$$ plated.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by hemi6 View Post
                              Euro headers make the exact same power and fit like a factory part. For the price SS charges they should be gold fuc#$$$ plated.

Mike
                              Euro headers are pretty great, but if you have a higher hp build going on they do not make as much power as the V1s.

... which is why I have euros on my otherwise stock M3 and V1s on my power modded M3.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Euro headers do not make same power. Non-stepped tubulare long tubes like 0-60motorsports posted above make slightly more and v1 & v2 stepped make quite a bit more.
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X