manual to automatic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manual to automatic question

last week my dad gave me his 2006 m3 for my 17th birthday. I was really hoping for the new corvette but im not really surprised because my dad never drives the thing and it sits in his garage almost all year. It only has like 20,000 miles or something. my biggest issue with the car is that I can’t drive stick and really don’t want to learn because its a totally useless and outdated skill. i saw online that special european version of the car came with an automated gearbox and i was wondering if it is possible to have that installed in my car. Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the Beverly hills area that has done this before? money really isn’t a concern because my mom will be paying for the work so that i will be able to drive myself to visit her up in SF. she’s just as pissed at my dad for giving me his old beater.

also, could someone recommend a body shop in the area? the car is painted this gross looking light blue color and I would really like that changed to something cooler like neon orange. That probably would look bad with the light brown seats so maybe i could have those reupholstered black. again money really isn’t an issue.

Slow day in quarantine, hey?
    TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

I wonder who will take the bait on this post ​​​​ Is this even real?
      This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Dude, take a nice drive to San Diego with a bud, and drive it straight to Forum Member Kaiv - that is, if this is not a BS post 🤣. He built the Admin’s Touring with a standard gearbox and S54. He just swapped a E9X V8 into a E46 chassis M3. He is more than qualified.
        Last edited by Speed Monkey; 04-01-2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Happy April 1st
          2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Does the car have a sunroof? If not, you should look into having the bodyshop add one.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=5513707.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	5273

Almost had me until I remembered it was April 1st....
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
              X