Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Question Thread - No Flaming Allowed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bavarian3
    replied
    Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
    Ok diff mount questions.

    Are the rear mount torx bolts (inside the cover) one time use only or can these be reused?
    Is there supposed to be a washer between the mount and where it touches the subframe?
    Anyone have an objection to using a different style of bolt of the same size and grade if I can't fit a torx socket on there? I have CMP subframe mounts
    ​
    Originally posted by liam821 View Post
    I've reused all my bolts without issue - however, I'm pretty sure they're all torque-to-yield and are considered single-use.
    They actually don't show as TTY/"always replace" in the torque spec doc or TIS, as far as I could tell.

    I see no issue with switching to a hex head if it's the same grade and length. Torx head is just for reduced chance of stripping. Not a bad idea tbh. No washer between the subframe and mount... https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=33_1076 . just for the mounting bolts.

    I have cmp bushings, and initially had a tough time with the bolts as well. You need a lower profile ratchet and torque wrench. Check out my posts in this thread: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ff-bolts/page4

    Leave a comment:


  • bavarian3
    replied
    Originally posted by liam821 View Post

    Sure, you could, as long as you have the map sensor installed. I was able to pass smog in my state (Oregon) with a CSL tune. It depends on whether your state looks for modified code in the DME.
    Good to know it'll run. Will have to look into the latter part. I'm guessing yes. CA problems.

    Leave a comment:


  • liam821
    replied
    Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
    Has anyone tried running a csl map sensor tuned car with a stock(standard m3) intake? Curious if it would run for smog purposes.
    Sure, you could, as long as you have the map sensor installed. I was able to pass smog in my state (Oregon) with a CSL tune. It depends on whether your state looks for modified code in the DME.

    Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
    Ok diff mount questions.

    Are the rear mount torx bolts (inside the cover) one time use only or can these be reused?
    Is there supposed to be a washer between the mount and where it touches the subframe?
    Anyone have an objection to using a different style of bolt of the same size and grade if I can't fit a torx socket on there? I have CMP subframe mounts
    I've reused all my bolts without issue - however, I'm pretty sure they're all torque-to-yield and are considered single-use.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nate047
    replied
    Ok diff mount questions.

    Are the rear mount torx bolts (inside the cover) one time use only or can these be reused?
    Is there supposed to be a washer between the mount and where it touches the subframe?
    Anyone have an objection to using a different style of bolt of the same size and grade if I can't fit a torx socket on there? I have CMP subframe mounts

    Leave a comment:


  • bavarian3
    replied
    Has anyone tried running a csl map sensor tuned car with a stock(standard m3) intake? Curious if it would run for smog purposes.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X