X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bagger
    replied
    Edit: actually the RealOEM diagram actually shows both wipers, and that part on each wiper, so yes, should be in both and we are both missing our passenger side one)

That's the part that confuses me. My old wiper arms didn't have it on the passenger side, and the new ones I got last year didn't either. So I'm not quite sure if they are supposed to be in both. Looking at realoem tripped me up because I agree it says both should have one. But there is no "tab" on the passenger wiper arm like there is on the driver side arm. Hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• karter16
    replied
    Originally posted by bagger View Post
    I have one of these in the driver side wiper arm, am I also supposed to have one in the passenger side wiper arm?

RealOEM suggests yes - 2x per vehicle. That said I've just checked my car and I only have one on the drivers side (RHD) wiper. So 🤷‍♂️ either I too am missing one or RealOEM is wrong (I'd suggest it's more likely that I too am missing one)

Edit: actually the RealOEM diagram actually shows both wipers, and that part on each wiper, so yes, should be in both and we are both missing our passenger side one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by karter16; Yesterday, 03:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bagger
    replied
    I have one of these in the driver side wiper arm, am I also supposed to have one in the passenger side wiper arm?

Leave a comment:

• Tbonem3
    replied
    Originally posted by MTL_ZCP View Post
    Hi everyone, how much camber is too much for rears? I just got my car aligned and they put -2.4 as otherwise it was rubbing

the car is lowered on st coilovers
    12mm spacers rear
    265/30/19 kumho tires

heigh was supposed to be 13” but i think its closer to 12.75

i just want to know if the -2.4 camber will destroy the tires or if its okay in the long run?
    it's ok, but you'll want toe to be at the minimum so like 10 minutes or 1/32" iirc (per side) inward. It's neg camber PLUS too much toe that results in fast tire wear

Leave a comment:

• Tbonem3
    replied
    I've never seen real failure in our cooling system besides the water pump. The o-rings can get flat and maybe you leak a little, but no failure on that hose I've seen. You can "refresh" the hoses with Gary's Oring kit (wolfn8r).

Leave a comment:

• nuc1
    replied
    Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
    Random but Is there any knowledge/evidence of this expansion tank hose failing?

Only ask because I'm finishing up a complete cooling system overhaul and forgot this hose when ordering. I'm already changing the o-rings with the viton kit. Only point I could see failure other than the o-ring is the plastic in the mating points. I can order one, it's just another $70 + wait time which is a waste if not necessary.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7735.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.4 KB ID:	263954
    Mine is original. 2002 w/ 134k.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• MTL_ZCP
    replied
    Hi everyone, how much camber is too much for rears? I just got my car aligned and they put -2.4 as otherwise it was rubbing

the car is lowered on st coilovers
    12mm spacers rear
    265/30/19 kumho tires

heigh was supposed to be 13” but i think its closer to 12.75

i just want to know if the -2.4 camber will destroy the tires or if its okay in the long run?

Leave a comment:

• Slideways
    replied
    Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post

Got it, do you know if there's enough space on OEM US headers to do pre-cat? the plan is euro headers eventually, just haven't made it to that part of the to-do list yet.
    Between the collector and the cat, there is just enough space for the stock narrow band sensor, so no extra space to fit another sensor, not to mention that one manifold has both the stock sensor and the EGT clocked 90 degrees from each other in the same pre-cat location. Swapping the post-cat sensors for wide band sensors on those manifolds would probably be the best option, but the AFR readings might be off by a few tenths. Dyno operators use the tailpipe wideband, so post-cat bung should get better readings than that.

Leave a comment:

• SUPREM3///
    replied
    Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Best place to put it is pre-cat. Most aftermarket headers have 4 ports and it is easy to use one of those.
    Got it, do you know if there's enough space on OEM US headers to do pre-cat? the plan is euro headers eventually, just haven't made it to that part of the to-do list yet.

Leave a comment:

• Slideways
    replied
    Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post
    What's the best way to run a wideband w stock headers? Ideally using Innovate LC-2.

Is it best to get a new bung welded altogether (assuming there is even enough room to do so) or is this way, here, effective? It'll only be used occasionally so I'm curious of all the options, whether it be permanent or some sort of quick-swap solution.
    Best place to put it is pre-cat. Most aftermarket headers have 4 ports and it is easy to use one of those.

Leave a comment:

• SUPREM3///
    replied
    What's the best way to run a wideband w stock headers? Ideally using Innovate LC-2.

Is it best to get a new bung welded altogether (assuming there is even enough room to do so) or is this way, here, effective? It'll only be used occasionally so I'm curious of all the options, whether it be permanent or some sort of quick-swap solution.

Leave a comment:

• bavarian3
    replied
    Random but Is there any knowledge/evidence of this expansion tank hose failing?

Only ask because I'm finishing up a complete cooling system overhaul and forgot this hose when ordering. I'm already changing the o-rings with the viton kit. Only point I could see failure other than the o-ring is the plastic in the mating points. I can order one, it's just another $70 + wait time which is a waste if not necessary.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7735.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.4 KB ID:	263954

Leave a comment:

• Cubieman
    replied
    Did the CSL cars have both "splash" shields?

I remember the driver's side splash shield didn't fit with the OEM CSL snorkel, I have seen people modify them to fit.

Currently I have neither of the plastic shields on for aesthetic reasons but want to run them as they would seem to be somewhat important as far as airflow around the engine is concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Cubieman
    replied
    Originally posted by discoelk View Post
    Anyone know what type of connector is used for the fuel pump? Doing some troubleshooting and would like to find the correct pin removal tool.

This might not be the specific information you are looking for but these will likely have the one you need, likely the tool is of the circular variety from the pin itself.

These are some cheeseball Chinese tools, but I have seen even SnapOn brand de-pinning tool bend unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• discoelk
    replied
    Anyone know what type of connector is used for the fuel pump? Doing some troubleshooting and would like to find the correct pin removal tool.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X