X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSUEng
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerdude View Post

They have the best price I can find for a dinan front bar for my E90 but it's the first time they've popped up in a search for me.. deciding if I should just send it and find out.
    Well, I put an order in on 5/7 for a smallish part, and as of today, still no movement. Sent an inquiry, we'll see what happens. If not for the fact the price was 3x less than FCP, I'd have had the part by now from FCP. Maybe don't order from them if you really need something??

EDIT: Finally arrived, exactly what I ordered and fantastic price. So, I'll order from them again for sure!
    Last edited by PSUEng; 05-17-2023, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleSidedTape
    replied
    Originally posted by PHNX636 View Post

Its a 32mm but that's just a cover over the 4 bolts that actually hold the damper to the crank.

The realoem diagram shows it pretty well.

As far as I know all S54's should have it since it says its supposed to be on engines from 01/2001

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_2997
    Yea, that’s why I don’t get why you would need the crank turning tool.

Leave a comment:

• PHNX636
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post

32 or 36 (I forget which) on the crank pulley. I don’t know if some s54s don’t have the bolt part but I’ve never needed that tool.
    Its a 32mm but that's just a cover over the 4 bolts that actually hold the damper to the crank.

The realoem diagram shows it pretty well.

As far as I know all S54's should have it since it says its supposed to be on engines from 01/2001

Leave a comment:

• IamFODI
    replied
    Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post

Not sure it would apply to a BMW water pump but they used to produce their own parts or sourced from OEMs but lately they've been sourcing parts from China. With Subarus, the Gates idler pulleys in their timing kits do not meet OE specs and fail prematurely.

https://youtu.be/7qYmNXOhn_o
    Oof. That sucks. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• zzyzx85
    replied
    Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
    Interesting. What's Gates's recent rep? Not trying to challenge; just genuinely curious.
    Not sure it would apply to a BMW water pump but they used to produce their own parts or sourced from OEMs but lately they've been sourcing parts from China. With Subarus, the Gates idler pulleys in their timing kits do not meet OE specs and fail prematurely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X