Rear view mirror refurbish - 04 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear view mirror refurbish - 04 M3

My mirror has the typical liquid pooling at the bottom (not bad but visible). I haven’t done anything about it yet, but now my auto headlights always stay on. In searching it seems the light sensor on the back of the mirror may be the culprit. So now thinking I should either buy a new mirror ($$$) or get mine refurbished. I have the rectangular one.

I did some searching - there were some companies who did this, but the threads were from a while ago so wanted to see what companies were still viable in 2020. Any suggestions?

Also if I have to go new, can I use the 330i mirror? All the sites say they don’t fit the M, but I was wondering if it’s a true incompatibility or do you lose functionality?

‘04 M3

Do you have SOS? I have a few e90 mirrors that are plug and play in our cars without SOS. They have a blue tint that matches the side mirrors and doesn't fail over time.

Comment

The company you are looking for is radar-mirror.com
      I sent them my mirror earlier this year after mine looked like it was about to leak.
      I think it cost me somewhere around $110 for just the leak fix Not sure about the sensor. It would be a good idea to use their service since they offer a lifetime warranty. Check out the website and send them an email.

Comment

Thanks Bostonbruck, I will look them up.
        ‘04 M3

Comment

And yes I have SOS
          ‘04 M3

Comment

A couple of words of advice.

First, replace/take down the glass now. Before it leaks. When it does leak, it will damage the interior below.

Second, you can purchase just the replacement glass and replace the glass into the existing mirror. I did this a couple of years ago, and it was pretty straight forward. Just need a soldering iron. You can purchase the auto dimming glass here:

It works great.

Comment

I sent my ‘05 mirror to radar mirror and it turned out great and fast turn around. In the (short) meantime, I bought a “decent” suction cup mirror from Amazon.

Comment

I have used radar-mirror twice now for two different SOS mirrors. Like new when returned, no complaints here!

Comment

Awesome thanks guys.
                  ‘04 M3

Comment

Originally posted by ZHPizza View Post
                    Do you have SOS? I have a few e90 mirrors that are plug and play in our cars without SOS. They have a blue tint that matches the side mirrors and doesn't fail over time.
                    Didn't know they are plug and play.

How much do you want for a E90 mirror?

Matt

Comment

radar-mirror.com are the guys you want to use. They are somewhat local to me so turnaround is 3 days WITH shipping back and forth, so that means they get it done same day. I have done 4 mirrors with them over the years, and they are always stellar.
                      BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Radar Mirror is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                        X