No announcement yet.

Cluster Display project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m definitely in if you decide to make a batch!
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
      Really cool. Makes me wonder about the feasibility of going further beyond and replacing the entire bottom area with displays. Or going super custom and building something akin to this:

the possibilities are near unlimited. I already thought about to replace 2 bottom displays and maybe even the „door status“ area. Have couple of displays that would fit in the original cutout like the one in the gear indicator cutout. Currently doing the PCB layout, which is really time consuming. But maybe i add one or two display connectors for future possibilities. But as long, as they run on the same bus, it should be no problem. Maybe more than 2 displays on one controller can really slow down the code. Need to test this. But would be nice to draw boost or AFR graph in one Display and show values on the other.

The full lcd/oled is a very different story. The need so much more power (a Due or Raspi) to work correctly.
      And also have to say, full lcd is great as Racedash. But I like the Gauges with real needles...so the idea of the project was to hold the nice millenial e46 design.
      …under construction.

Comment

Do you think it would be possible to have the gear display for a manual. I remember bringing this topic up on m3forum and IIRC Terra said it might be able to happen?

Mostly just a gimmick but I got the idea from the gt3.

I looked into it a bit and you need a gear position sensor. The manual cars do not have one. The SMG cars do have one but it’s a part of the hydraulic unit. I’m sure there’s a way to get this done I just don’t have the parts in front of me...

There must be a way to have the dme accept data from that in a manual car.

Comment

The effort to make this would be way to much. But you know Ratio, rpm and wheelspeed. So we can calculate selected gear by these values. But don‘t know what the benefit is of this in a H-pattern box.
          …under construction.

Comment

Added today the CSL oillevel reading. Maybe interesting for older cluster or swap‘s.
            Still working on PCB layout, it’s way more complicated than I thought. Even if I implement future possibilities like a second display and to make it as small as I can to install everything inside the cluster without a box attached behind the cluster. (Not shure if that is possible in the moment)

btw. Oled’s look real shit if you want to capture it on photo.
            …under construction.

Comment

Really cool. Makes me wonder about the feasibility of going further beyond and replacing the entire bottom area with displays. Or going super custom and building something akin to this:

I'm in on this feature

Comment

OP, i'm probably in for one of those LCDs if the price is right. Specially i'm about to retrofit F8x DCT in my car and the SMG display doesn't display #7

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post
                  OP, i'm probably in for one of those LCDs if the price is right. Specially i'm about to retrofit F8x DCT in my car and the SMG display doesn't display #7
                  So cool, I'd like to do the DCT swap someday. Are you using BMW's transmission control or aftermarket?

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post
                    Added today the CSL oillevel reading. Maybe interesting for older cluster or swap‘s.
                    Still working on PCB layout, it’s way more complicated than I thought. Even if I implement future possibilities like a second display and to make it as small as I can to install everything inside the cluster without a box attached behind the cluster. (Not shure if that is possible in the moment)

I so wish we could get CSL oil level read out on standard mss54hp software and not just the CSL software.

Comment

PM me if you're interested in help with PCB layout. I have a relatively successful product (www.bluebus.dev) that I developed solely by myself, and I'm pretty versed into fitting lots of components into constrained spaces.
                      -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post
                        don’t want to go too much offtopic but...
                        Are you go with DKGECU? Tried for weeks to contact dkgecu, but never got a response. Other possibilities are Maxxecu, but only E9x m3 DCT is possible. But DCT is not on same Bus (as example PT-Can on E9x, not available in e46 chassis) And as I only plan for 1 Can input, there will be only possible to monitor DCT OR rest of E46. About price, until I have a prototype PCB, I can’t say anything about it. After prototype I will get a quote for a small batch of PCBAs.

nextelbuddy : someone need to dissemble in IDA the code in programspace for oillevel sensor and port it to normal firmware. Maybe one day some pro‘s like terra or Martyn or Olza will do this.
                        t3ddftw : thanks for the support! If I get to a point where I can‘t get further, I will come back to you.
                        …under construction.

Comment

You were able to snag CSL oil level from CAN? Forgot I will be without this now with the AIM.

Comment

Originally posted by nickpiper12 View Post

You were able to snag CSL oil level from CAN? Forgot I will be without this now with the AIM.
                            Yeah the DME broadcasts it on message 0x545. I don't remember the details beyond that off hand.

Comment

Yeah the DME broadcasts it on message 0x545. I don't remember the details beyond that off hand.
                              Thanks. Maybe S54B32 can clarify beyond that!

Comment

don’t want to go too much offtopic but...
                                Are you go with DKGECU? Tried for weeks to contact dkgecu, but never got a response. Other possibilities are Maxxecu, but only E9x m3 DCT is possible. But DCT is not on same Bus (as example PT-Can on E9x, not available in e46 chassis) And as I only plan for 1 Can input, there will be only possible to monitor DCT OR rest of E46. About price, until I have a prototype PCB, I can’t say anything about it. After prototype I will get a quote for a small batch of PCBAs.

nextelbuddy : someone need to dissemble in IDA the code in programspace for oillevel sensor and port it to normal firmware. Maybe one day some pro‘s like terra or Martyn or Olza will do this.
                                t3ddftw : thanks for the support! If I get to a point where I can‘t get further, I will come back to you.
                                I will be using HTG tuning GCU, it will be able to communicate with MSS54HP through CAN bus.
                                you can PM me if you prefer

Comment

Working...
                                X