11/2001 Build date rod bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11/2001 Build date rod bolts

If I have an 11/2001 build date, does that mean my rod bolts are to be reused? Or is there a chance they changed the bolts when the recall was done?

Early models can be reused. Later models need replaced.
    2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

You’re good, I reused my 12/01 build date rod bolts.
      2002 BMW M3 Coupe Jet Black/Black
      2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+ Deep Blue Metallic/White

Comment

Yeah you're fine. 04/02 here and had the reusable bolts. RealOEM says the cutoff was 02/03.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Here is a screenshot from the bulletin. If yours looks like A, the reusable M11, you can reuse.

I have not come across cars that are early years (pre 2003) with bearings done under recall and bolts replaced with new M10 (B). Probably partially because the lazy approach is usually just to reuse whatever was taken off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

great, thanks for all the info guys

Comment

Working...
            X