Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tillett B5 seats, anybody tried them before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tillett B5 seats, anybody tried them before?

Has anybody sat in the Tillett B5? How does it compare to the Nogaros? They're similarly priced, about $1100 for the carbon versions. They don't have as much padding, but from all the reviews I've read people seem to really like them saying they're quite comfortable. They're very popular in the Lamborghini / GTR world.

Here they are in a Z4M

E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

looks very cool! And uncomfortable... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
      looks very cool! And uncomfortable... :-)
      I've heard they're very comfortable from the people that own them.... but you know, this is the internet. I'd love to know how well they fit in the e46m3.

Comment

A co worker of mine had these. They were horrifically uncomfortable for me, but I suspect with the near zero padding it comes down to matching seat to body shape.

They do get stupidly hot in the sun (his car was a vert, so bigger issue there). Also, IIRC they’re not structurally carbon— it’s just a decorative layer on top.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Buddy's GTR has them. They were ok. Car has 1400 whp so I wasn't thinking about the ergonomics of the seats when he was ripping on it.
          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 BMW ///M3
          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I have a tillet b6 screamer in my lotus, with the seat pads. If you’re after ultimate weight savings and need to fit the seat in a narrow cockpit, it’s excellent. I drive the car to and from the track (2-3 hours each way) and it’s fine. With that said, it’s nowhere near as comfortable as a recaro, omp, or racetech seat with good padding and thigh support. I would not put one in my m3.

Comment

I would agree that they work best in a driving machine where your senses are being assaulted by mechanical inputs and feel.
              You will be on your toes and comfort would not really enter into the equation. Elises, Exiges, Caterhams.
              The E46 M3 does not have that kind of brief. Different kind of tool.

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
                I would agree that they work best in a driving machine where your senses are being assaulted by mechanical inputs and feel.
                You will be on your toes and comfort would not really enter into the equation. Elises, Exiges, Caterhams.
                The E46 M3 does not have that kind of brief. Different kind of tool.
                I guess I'm gonna have to buy Lotus Exige and k-swap it now just so I can put those seats in it.

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

I guess I'm gonna have to buy Lotus Exige and k-swap it now just so I can put those seats in it.
                  :Envy: I'd love to run an Exige. I settled for a lotus 7 S3 clone.

Comment

I read very many positive reviews on Cobra seats. If comfort is any object, according to many opinions of others, they are the way to go.

That seat looks aweful to sit in.
                    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
                    X