Mechanic shops in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
    Call Satish at Motorwerks (248) 668-6793... tell him I sent you... I’ve given him a heads up... GL

Cheers,

maw
    Stoped by the shop today, they will email a quote. Very nice shop and they seem pretty reasonable

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

That is approximately 54 hours of labor or just short of 7 full 8 hour working days. That certainly seems excessive. It would be interesting to see the break down of where they allotted those hours.
      I attached the break down of services they sent.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED View Post
        I attached the break down of services they sent.
        I'm torn, it is a lot of work and I don't think the totals are heinous, but overall I can't help but feel they are 7 or 8 hours too high. Not being able to see the condition of the undercarriage also means we can't accurately judge just how difficult removing stuff is going to be.

Keep us posted on what other shops quote and how it ultimately turns out.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I'm torn, it is a lot of work and I don't think the totals are heinous, but overall I can't help but feel they are 7 or 8 hours too high. Not being able to see the condition of the undercarriage also means we can't accurately judge just how difficult removing stuff is going to be.

Keep us posted on what other shops quote and how it ultimately turns out.
          It just doesn’t seem right because full labor shouldn’t charge full price for changing the front control arms and bushings or the rear subframe bushings when most of it has to come out anyway for the Subframe reinforcement and rod bearings.

Comment

It just doesn’t seem right because full labor shouldn’t charge full price for changing the front control arms and bushings or the rear subframe bushings when most of it has to come out anyway for the Subframe reinforcement and rod bearings.
            I do agree and this is a common issue even among good shops, they just charge full hours without consideration but it is a ton of work between the bearings, subframe, and reinforcement bar. I DIY'd everything in your list except for the racp plates. I paid someone to weld those in.

I'm curious to see what the other shop you mentioned comes up with.
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Seems like you aren't too far from me. I've got a guy that's the shop foreman at BMW and does jobs on the side. He does great work and did my rear subframe reinforcement on my M3 for a very good price. If you're interested in getting his info, Pm me.

Comment

Did you ever get a quote from the second shop? I’m interested in doing the same over the winter if we get a warm week or two or first thing in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Swizbeatz View Post
                  Did you ever get a quote from the second shop? I’m interested in doing the same over the winter if we get a warm week or two or first thing in the spring.
                  Dixon Motorsports charged
                  -subframe reinforcement with CMP plates $1200
                  -Rod bearings $1050 rod bolts included (bearings provided by me)
                  -subframe and diff bushings replaced $750 labor only
                  -Top CMP reinforcement $700

Comment

BOOSTED what did you end up doing? I’ve been to Satish a couple times this spring with the S55 and saw a few E46Ms in and out of there. Wondering if any were yours.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                      BOOSTED what did you end up doing? I’ve been to Satish a couple times this spring with the S55 and saw a few E46Ms in and out of there. Wondering if any were yours.

maw
                      Kind of wish I went with them, took my car to another shop (Dixon Motorsports) and its just been nonstop problems with the diff, they didn’t tighten the front bushing on the diff which striped the threads, then denied that there was even a problem. It was a back and forth for like 2 weeks of him tightening it and saying its all good. Then finally he admitted they screwed things up wanted me to get the RE kit to rethread it changed me another $350 on top of the 5k that was part of the subframe reinforcement and bushings replacements. Picked my car up 3 weeks later with a louder thud and the diff leaking, took it back for him to tell me now the diff is no good and I need another one charged me 1000+300 for labor to fix what they broke. The new (used) diff is clunking like crazy. At this point I think I’m going to take the car to Satish and request a charge back from Amex.

Comment

Kind of wish I went with them, took my car to another shop (Dixon Motorsports) and its just been nonstop problems with the diff, they didn’t tighten the front bushing on the diff which striped the threads, then denied that there was even a problem. It was a back and forth for like 2 weeks of him tightening it and saying its all good. Then finally he admitted they screwed things up wanted me to get the RE kit to rethread it changed me another $350 on top of the 5k that was part of the subframe reinforcement and bushings replacements. Picked my car up 3 weeks later with a louder thud and the diff leaking, took it back for him to tell me now the diff is no good and I need another one charged me 1000+300 for labor to fix what they broke. The new (used) diff is clunking like crazy. At this point I think I’m going to take the car to Satish and request a charge back from Amex.
                        Ouch! Yes... tell him I sent you and tell him this story... he sees enough of this stuff that he may know how to help recoup... you'll certainly have any problems well enough documented that Amex can do their thing from there.

GL

maw
                        Last edited by maw1124; 05-12-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

You paid 5 grand to drop the diff and weld in plates ?? Wow they robbed you.

APG swapped in a brand new RACP for me for 4 grand labor. That includes installing and welding in my rogue x brace and Vince front solutions.
                          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

You paid 5 grand to drop the diff and weld in plates ?? Wow they robbed you.

APG swapped in a brand new RACP for me for 4 grand labor. That includes installing and welding in my rogue x brace and Vince front solutions.
                            Few other things were included in that price Rod bearings, front control arms, and coilovers. Price was not too bad initially however they just kept getting ridiculous after that point.

Comment

Reviving an old thread, does APG still do service? Their website only shows parts for sale. https://apgracing.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X