What is the best radio ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best radio ?

I think it's time to change my oem radio , what kind of brands you guys recommended?

Define best?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Avon Avant 4 hasn't let me down yet, has a ton of great features and is fast and error free.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

What are you looking to get from it? For me the OEM radio is best because of my bluebus. Anything aftermarket just looks out of place imo. Avant 4 is what I’d pick if I had to, but I seriously don’t have a reason to. I get all my music streamed through bluebus and I don’t care for my radio to do anything other than that

Comment

I like oem style look . Something with bluetooth, usb but nothing fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by kermmmit7 View Post
            It's overkill, but pick up an Avant 4 (avinusa.com) for $299 now...

Comment

Originally posted by kermmmit7 View Post
              I got the AVIN avant 4 installed just a few weeks ago. I recommend it so far as it looks oem and comes with simple things i want like bluetooth, and ability to play music using usb and micro sd.
              Originally had the oem nav so it was quite a bit of work to run the cables from front to back. If you just have the oem radio(no NAV) then you dont have to run any cables and its plug and play(plus installing the HVAC relocation kit to fit the nav screen).
              There is a bit of learning necessary to get the settings just right but theres plenty of resources online
              Last edited by yhp2009; 09-27-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_011 View Post

It's overkill, but pick up an Avant 4 (avinusa.com) for $299 now...
                I remember when this thing was like $700 (I'm pretty sure it was that high at release). Can't really beat $299 plus tax (and accessories of course).
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Stock with Bluebus

Comment

This one:

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I literally came to this thread to say the best radio is an oem radio delete plate and see Tbonem3 just posted that lol. +1 A nice exhaust and a radio delete plate > any radio imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckblende View Post
                        I literally came to this thread to say the best radio is an oem radio delete plate and see Tbonem3 just posted that lol. +1 A nice exhaust and a radio delete plate > any radio imo.
                        You NEVER want to listen to music?

Just keep OEM radio and get a blue bus... literally an OEM+ setup

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

You NEVER want to listen to music?

Just keep OEM radio and get a blue bus... literally an OEM+ setup
                          Weight savings > urge to listen to the radio. Pretend race car lol

To be fair, I'm getting rid of mine because an oem e46 radio doesn't come with an aux so I don't really get to listen to my music. Might as well get rid of it unless I want to install one with an aux or get some sort of bluetooth adapter, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckblende View Post

Weight savings > urge to listen to the radio. Pretend race car lol

To be fair, I'm getting rid of mine because an oem e46 radio doesn't come with an aux so I don't really get to listen to my music. Might as well get rid of it unless I want to install one with an aux or get some sort of bluetooth adapter, etc.
                            Dude an aux kit from BMW is $30 and takes less than an hour to install. Do it!

Or just get a bluebus for $150? Which has installation that’s just as easy if not easier. And now you get perfect Bluetooth integration + some cool features

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

Dude an aux kit from BMW is $30 and takes less than an hour to install. Do it!

Or just get a bluebus for $150? Which has installation that’s just as easy if not easier. And now you get perfect Bluetooth integration + some cool features
                              Yoo, I was not at all aware of the BMW aux kit. I just watched an install video on youtube and it's super simple. Also, it's only 30 dollars. I think you might have convinced me lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X