What is the best radio ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heckblende View Post

Yoo, I was not at all aware of the BMW aux kit. I just watched an install video on youtube and it's super simple. Also, it's only 30 dollars. I think you might have convinced me lol.
    Take an extra 15 minutes and remove the shift boot, cup holders, and sunglasses holder. You can run the cable to exit from the center console near the passenger seatbelt area. I liked it most there because I never saw it.

It used to be the first thing I installed in every car but now I have my blue bus and I love that thing so much. Seriously buy that and don’t look back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

Take an extra 15 minutes and remove the shift boot, cup holders, and sunglasses holder. You can run the cable to exit from the center console near the passenger seatbelt area. I liked it most there because I never saw it.
      Sounds good, will do that. In the video I watched, the guy ran it through the ashtray carrier console by drilling a small hole right next to the power source. It seemed pretty clean ngl.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckblende View Post

Sounds good, will do that. In the video I watched, the guy ran it through the ashtray carrier console by drilling a small hole right next to the power source. It seemed pretty clean ngl.
        I’m guessing you saw the shoplife video. That is also a decent solution. I prefer to have it near the back so I don’t always have to see the cable. It’s annoying when it gets wrapped around the shifter.

Comment

I'll admit after getting the avant4 i find myself cranking the music up too high. Sound quality jumped leaps and bounds over my stock which had a crappy amp. But the combination of sounds (S54 + your music) is quite intoxicating when done right

Comment

Originally posted by dr_011 View Post

It's overkill, but pick up an Avant 4 (avinusa.com) for $299 now...
            2gb or 4gb?

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post

2gb or 4gb?
              I went with the px6/4GB and it suffers zero lag and a quick boot up. It adds $60 to the base price

Comment

Originally posted by OneSwellFoop View Post
                Stock with Bluebus
                Came here to say that. The stock head unit plus the bluebus is awesome. I have the stock navigation - which is fine, I've never actually used it for navigation but I like looking at the maps - and the blueblue for all my bluetooth needs music streaming needs. Works great and looks factory (because it is).
                E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Stock with bluebus is easy, glitch free, and adds a ton of functionality over stock.

Avin (and avin like things) add more functionality (notably wireless CarPlay) but are never... OE like in their reliability. Plus, glossy screen is dumb.

Radio delete is silly for a DD. Speakerphone is a huge safety perk and sitting in a traffic jam the last thing I want is no podcasts to maintain my sanity.

I'm running bluebus in the M5, normal setup Avin in the M3 wagon, and an Avin setup in the M3 coupe that's lighter than 95% of the radio deletes on here (but still has sound output), so some of each :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

The one thing I want more from my audio system is a better amp for higher quality. But I don’t want an after market head unit so I’m gonna keep my business cd for now.

Unless someone has a solution...

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post
                      The one thing I want more from my audio system is a better amp for higher quality. But I don’t want an after market head unit so I’m gonna keep my business cd for now.

Unless someone has a solution...
                      There are guys who upgrade the quality of your existing stock amp for $200-$300. If you search online you can find them

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post

There are guys who upgrade the quality of your existing stock amp for $200-$300. If you search online you can find them
                        but that's only for the guys with nav.as far as I know there is no one upgrading the amp for business cd radios.

Comment

Originally posted by benzthis View Post
                          but that's only for the guys with nav.as far as I know there is no one upgrading the amp for business cd radios.
                          You can always ask them? Not sure why they couldnt do the business cd radios but who knows

Comment

Afaik, with the right harnesses, you can always amp a factory system no?
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              Afaik, with the right harnesses, you can always amp a factory system no?
                              Probably, but from my limited understanding its quite complicated for our cars to adopt an aftermarket amp. I was trying to go that route but could not find any resource online

Comment

Bav sound back in the day was working on a upgrade for our amps but never finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X