No announcement yet.

Car insurance tracking software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a tendency of hitting on ramps in 2nd and redlining every gear till 5th at 3 AM.

Hard no.
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

plug it in while the car is in winter storage for 4 months...

Comment

I opted out for this. I took the defense driving course which saved me a few bucks!

Comment

At least they're still asking for consent. When OBD3 comes, they won't be. I've only heard of rates going up because of this. It's pretty well known this is a scam. If you accelerate too fast, you rate goes up. You stop too quickly, your rate goes up. Once it's up, you're labeled a dangerous driver and your rate isn't coming down.

Just like every social media site, they get around illegally tracking you by requiring consent. Then it's a blank check to do whatever with that information because they own it. They would own the information of what your daily schedule is, where you live, work, who you know, where you like to eat, where your kids go to school, where your family meets on holidays, what church you go to, and where you are almost at any time.

Sometimes innovation lies 36 years behind us...

This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I do not condone this but it is an interesting idea. A lot of the content has been deleted but the schematics are still in the comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny how they are basing rates off of these acceleration and braking behaviors when the most dangerous drivers on the roads are the ones with their faces stuck to their phones. Maybe they should measure abruptness off steering inputs while driving on highway

Comment

Arith2. Very good observations you pointed out. I tend to like a physical key to open my doors vs a cell phone/internet access that can open anything. The original post I started in this thread was to bring awareness to this trend. IOT is a dangerous movement at least at this time in 2020 imho...

Comment

I plugged it to a power supply on my desk the whole time i had that insurance company 🤣

Comment

I definitely wouldn’t plug that thing in. If it’s not your daily look into Haggerty

Comment

Originally posted by franklin View Post
                      Arith2. Very good observations you pointed out. I tend to like a physical key to open my doors vs a cell phone/internet access that can open anything. The original post I started in this thread was to bring awareness to this trend. IOT is a dangerous movement at least at this time in 2020 imho...
                      There are alot of dangerous movements happening right now and we just need to avoid being sheep. These companies prey on the uninformed. It's not just companies though. It's groups of people and even the government in some instances. Stay informed.
                      This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I work in this space at a company that uses both the OBDII devices and moblie apps depending on state (but by and large is mobile only for new business). Right now the behavior is only used to give a discount, and even including a track day (with mobile app so nothing to unplug and I wanted to track my laps with another app) I get like a 3% discount. There are also products where it uses the OBDII device to track mileage so that you can pay by the mileage which would be great if you had a garage queen that hardly gets driven.

Comment

I tried one of these when I was young and dumb right after I bought my first M3. I ended up using it as a high score chart and my rates were not impacted negatively or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                          X