Why I hate Status Gruppe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I hate Status Gruppe

I've been on the market for an intake to go along with my current build. I came across some promo codes for Status Gruppe in which I've had bad dealings with in the past because of slow shipping and fitment issues. Anyway, I used two coupons (1) for 10% off your entire order and (1) for 15% off all Eventuri intakes. I tried them both and they worked together. I searched through the fine print of their very slow website and saw nothing in regards to using two coupons.I figured I would purchase the intake through them since they don't actually produce the intake themselves.

A day later I receive an email from Nate@statusgruppe stating that they aren't going to honor my promos because one of the codes are for diffusers only and the other one was expired. I wrote back and stated that one of the promo codes was 10 percent off the entire order and the other promo code was for 15% off of Eventuri intakes. He refused to honor it. I should have known that there would have been a catch as there always is with this company. They don't stand by any business ethics or models. If you have an issue with fitment they will send you junk o rings that don't work, have very slow distributor issues (even thought they claim their products are made in the USA), and they offer zero customer service. What kind of company has basically ZERO inventory in stock? I believe they're purchasing cheap China reps and etching their logos on them because their diffusers fit horribly, their trunks can be painted by very reputable auto body shops and theirs more waves in the trunk than a beach.

Yea, avoid SG like the plauge, I run their muffler but it was like pulling teeth to get it here and when I did the tips were the same diameter as the muffler piping and needed to be swaged out locally before they would go on. I'd rather pay a bit more and buy from ECS etc.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

I've bought all my SG products used. So yeah, whatever they say I don't believe lol.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
      2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

LOL SGT.

And people gave Vorsteiner shit back in the day. Oh how far we've come down haha
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I would not be surprised if SG brought down M3F. NAM3 is their next target.

Comment

Ah, yes. Status Gruppe, the company that spent over 8 months to send me some coilovers that I ended up spending less buying BCs instead that I bought on ECS and came in within the WEEK that I bought them. I remember Mike calling me saying that he’s really sorry and that he’ll still ship them out but he never wanted to give me a refund even when I explicitly said I no longer needed them anymore. Claimed that there was a shop in Poland that made the coilovers no longer wanted to make business with them and all production got halted. Overall it was very annoying so I just don’t bother anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
              I would not be surprised if SG brought down M3F. NAM3 is their next target.
              Dude I remember all the replies and hate posts about Mike. Holy moly.

Comment

Mike is literally one of the best in the business. No one knows excuses like him. He saved my marriage by helping me devise the perfect excuse to tell my wife. I owe everything to Mike.

If you need help with excuses for poor report cards, for all the sick time you take at work, really anything, give Mike a call, he'll get you set up with the best excuses you've ever heard!

I was skeptical at first, reading some reviews of unsatisfied customers, but in my opinion, they weren't fully appreciating the genius in Mike's excuses. The variety, the complexity. Mike custom tailors his excuses for your particular situation. Well, to be honest, he acquires the raw materials, the verbs, the nouns, the adjectives from overseas, but he then adds in his own pronouns to give your excuse that unique, special touch.
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  Mike is literally one of the best in the business. No one knows excuses like him. He saved my marriage by helping me devise the perfect excuse to tell my wife. I owe everything to Mike.

If you need help with excuses for poor report cards, for all the sick time you take at work, really anything, give Mike a call, he'll get you set up with the best excuses you've ever heard!

I was skeptical at first, reading some reviews of unsatisfied customers, but in my opinion, they weren't fully appreciating the genius in Mike's excuses. The variety, the complexity. Mike custom tailors his excuses for your particular situation. Well, to be honest, he acquires the raw materials, the verbs, the nouns, the adjectives from overseas, but he then adds in his own pronouns to give your excuse that unique, special touch.
                  You had me with that first sentence, I won't lie...
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Looooool

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I am not going to lie I was very worried about ordering the SCZA muffler from SGT.

I called and verified that they had them in stock, but based on the horror stories I still didn’t have much faith.

I purposely ordered in early March with expectation I may get my muffler by June.

To my surprise it was delivered 1 week after ordering. They even accepted my coupon code! I guess I was a lucky one.

I do love the product- the tone is great and the dynamic range is massive. It goes from silence on the highway to race car scream at redline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Status Gruppe isn't unlike other vendors this forum has seen in the sense that others are known to overpromise/underdeliver

what is most egregious is that unlike other vendors here, which have the common courtesy to drop off the map once they've gotten what they wanted from the community, SG continues to peddle their wares despite clearly not being able to handle the demand for their products/services

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                            Status Gruppe isn't unlike other vendors this forum has seen in the sense that others are known to overpromise/underdeliver

what is most egregious is that unlike other vendors here, which have the common courtesy to drop off the map once they've gotten what they wanted from the community, SG continues to peddle their wares despite clearly not being able to handle the demand for their products/services

That’s pretty typical of “enthusiast”-run businesses. Managing expectations is a skill, and most people running fly by night outfits do not have it.
                            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

wow 😂

Comment

Working...
                              X