No announcement yet.

CSL Bootlid price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered one from ECS in May, today I got an email delaying it untill March. This is probably the 4 delay so far but no cancelation as of now
    2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
    2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
    Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Originally posted by Norocehcap View Post
      I ordered one from ECS in May, today I got an email delaying it untill March. This is probably the 4 delay so far but no cancelation as of now
      My dude it's November.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

The delays everyone are saying is due to huge backlogs around the world from different dealers. You just have to wait until it gets caught up. #fcovid

Comment

Yup, Im definitely not upset about a delay. It’s concerning and frustrating but if it’s come to that you gotta understand it’s out of their control.
          2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

My dude it's November.
            Yes it is, and if/when they start rolling out I will be high on the list to get one.
            Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Do you think this is where OEM CSL trunk pricing will be or is this temporary due to supply chain issues?

I am debating on buying an OEM CSL trunk but can not decide on when to pull trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
                Do you think this is where OEM CSL trunk pricing will be or is this temporary due to supply chain issues?

I am debating on buying an OEM CSL trunk but can not decide on when to pull trigger.
                I’m personally holding off until the Covid situation subsides a bit, I’m sure they have supply chain issues although my guess is as good as yours. There’s a bunch of BMW OE parts that are out of stock right now...I find it hard to believe they’re all NLA.
                MileEnd Composites is also coming out with their own version so seems like you will have that as an option as well

Comment

I bought two, figured if they go NLA they’ll be worth money lol
                  2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post
                    I’m personally holding off until the Covid situation subsides a bit, I’m sure they have supply chain issues although my guess is as good as yours. There’s a bunch of BMW OE parts that are out of stock right now...I find it hard to believe they’re all NLA.
                    MileEnd Composites is also coming out with their own version so seems like you will have that as an option as well
                    I am thinking of waiting as well. The only issue that worries me is that bmw after COVID might decide to start cutting certain inventory parts from stock such as CSL parts and then you will never get those parts.

Comment

Originally posted by FCD46 View Post
                      I bought two, figured if they go NLA they’ll be worth money lol
                      Hey, I pmed you.

Comment

I got another email from Turner saying "Hello, Regarding the CSL trunk. My product team confirmed the item has been discontinued by BMW at this time. Did you wish for me to cancel the order at this time?"

Has anyone else heard anything else from Turner or ECS?
                        2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
                          I got another email from Turner saying "Hello, Regarding the CSL trunk. My product team confirmed the item has been discontinued by BMW at this time. Did you wish for me to cancel the order at this time?"

Has anyone else heard anything else from Turner or ECS?
                          ECS has delayed my trunk to 3/16/2021. My order was placed way back in May so I'm wondering if they are expecting some trunks but not enough to fulfill all orders and they are starting to cancel the newer orders. When did you place your order?
                          Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	FF858AC9-6222-4884-B646-2B48FC133C38.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	125.6 KB ID:	70622

Whoa, I ordered not long ago and I just got shipping notification. They’ll arrive 7th dec.

Im a vendor, maybe perks?
                            Last edited by FCD46; 12-01-2020, 12:29 PM.
                            2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

I did overpay, but if they go NLA I wanted my hands on them.

if they stay in production, oh well I over paid lol probably be stuck with the extra for high price
                              2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

It's still posted on Schmiedmann's site for.... wait for it.... US$2509.70. What a deal!
                                M3 CSL artificial trunk lid with integrated rear spoiler CSLBK46 - Fits on models: E46

And there's this listing for US$2260.94
                                Trunk lid CSL Coupé - 41007895884, 41 00 7 895 884, 7895884, 41-00-7-895-884 - Fits on models: E46

What are the best-of-the-rest replicas out there besides MilesEnd?
                                Schmiedmann list this one for $452: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E...ct=BA46CEVOCAR
                                VIS has this for $1162: https://visracing.com/i-30497711-car...2dr-99-05.html

Does anyone have fitment experience with either of the above?
                                2006 BMW M3 ZCP

Comment

Working...
                                X