DSC Pressure Sensor Calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC Pressure Sensor Calibration

Has anyone ever run the routine to calibrate the DSC pressure sensors? I got the DSC+Brake light today. Got code 5e24 along wit some others. When I view the live data the Front pressure sensor is like 2 bar bar lower than the rear. But pressing the pedal they seem to increase/decrease normally. I did recently tap into the brake pressure sensors for my data system, which I did on the last car and it has no effect like this.

When you run this routine it describes it as something you run after replacing the pressure sensors. Is it safe to try to see if the pressures normalize between the two circuits?

Click image for larger version

Name:	A64EE5DE-C202-4113-8C3B-7740C14D79C5.jpeg
Views:	1207
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	62601 Click image for larger version

Name:	16BEA98C-CB1E-48EC-B74F-3B98463EB81A.jpeg
Views:	1181
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	62600 Click image for larger version

Name:	DE654A21-50A8-4CCC-8D81-1F3480FE6E93.jpeg
Views:	1182
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	62599

It resets both sensors to zero which you are suppose to do each time you replace the sensor.

I have run it few times as it is the first thing you do before you replace the sensor to make sure it isn’t a calibration issue

Comment

I had the same earlier this year, codes on both sensors.

I found a guy from the UK on eBay selling OE sensors (they are made by ATE) at a great discount compared to the dealer prices (beware there are also Chinese clones being sold on eBay).
      I replaced both my sensors (it can be done without removing the master cylinder, although it was kind of a pain in the ass).
      And performed a brake bleed with a pressure bleeder and also bleeding the ABS/DSC unit with INPA.
      Codes were gone and haven't come back since!

Afterwards I read online about the sensor calibration routine, but if I recall correctly I couldn't even find it in INPA?
      So I didn't bother with it.

Hope my 2cents help.

E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
      E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
      E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	A64EE5DE-C202-4113-8C3B-7740C14D79C5.jpeg
Views:	1207
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	62601 Click image for larger version

Name:	16BEA98C-CB1E-48EC-B74F-3B98463EB81A.jpeg
Views:	1181
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	62600 Click image for larger version

Name:	DE654A21-50A8-4CCC-8D81-1F3480FE6E93.jpeg
Views:	1182
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	62599

It resets both sensors to zero which you are suppose to do each time you replace the sensor.

I have run it few times as it is the first thing you do before you replace the sensor to make sure it isn’t a calibration issue
        Thank you! Going to give it a shot. The car was disconnected from the battery for a long time, so maybe the calibration was lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post

I found a guy from the UK on eBay selling OE sensors (they are made by ATE) at a great discount compared to the dealer prices (beware there are also Chinese clones being sold on eBay).
          I replaced both my sensors (it can be done without removing the master cylinder, although it was kind of a pain in the ass).
          And performed a brake bleed with a pressure bleeder and also bleeding the ABS/DSC unit with INPA.

Afterwards I read online about the sensor calibration routine, but if I recall correctly I couldn't even find it in INPA?

Hope my 2cents help.
          Thanks! Its not in INPA but DIS. Its also part of the foxwell scan tool.

Comment

It’s in INPA under MK60 if I recall that correctly

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post
              It’s in INPA under MK60 if I recall that correctly
              I'll check out inpa. Last time I used inpa was with an mk20.

Comment

Hope my 2cents help.
                Would you happen to have a link for the listing for the sensors? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Would you happen to have a link for the listing for the sensors? Thanks.
                  PART NO: 34521164458. THE SENSOR IS ATTACHED TO THE BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER . 2.0 i, 2.2 i, 2.5 Si, 2.5 i, 3.0 Si, 3.0 i, M. Z4 (E85)  01/2002 — 08/2008. 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.2, 2.8, 3.0, M, M 3.2. Z3 (E36)  04/1996 — 06/2002.

E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                  E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                  E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Just be weary of some of those ebay “genuine ATE” ones. I’ve gotten some in the past and it was obviously a hybrid unit where they dig out the old sensor keep the shell with the ATE markings and put back in a generic china made sensor part and epoxy them back.

compare the plugs when you get them!

Comment

PART NO: 34521164458. THE SENSOR IS ATTACHED TO THE BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER . 2.0 i, 2.2 i, 2.5 Si, 2.5 i, 3.0 Si, 3.0 i, M. Z4 (E85)  01/2002 — 08/2008. 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.2, 2.8, 3.0, M, M 3.2. Z3 (E36)  04/1996 — 06/2002.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X