Best Paint to refinish center console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Paint to refinish center console

i want to remove and refinish the center console and also the lower door panels- speaker surrounds. can you suggest a brand/color of canned spray paint that will yield an OEM like finish?

Anyone have a rattle can paint recommendation for the center console to replicate the flat to satin look for the center console in black?

Comment

I can highly recommend Dulux DuraMax Flat Black. It dries in 10 mins so you can give it heaps of coats easily and you can give it a reasonably thick coat without running. If it runs simply sand back and redo after 30 mins. It is not flat IMHO but gives a nice satin appearance.

It gives a superior to OEM appearance IMHO. I did multiple coats with light sanding in between with excellent results. You can build up the aint this way to cover any imperfections in the plastic - and it doesn't flake off like the OEM rubbish.
      Last edited by poss; 10-11-2021, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poss View Post
        I can highly recommend Dulux DuraMax Flat Black. It dries in 10 mins so you can give it heaps of coats easily and you can give it a reasonably thick coat without running. If it runs simply sand back and redo after 30 mins. It is not flat IMHO but gives a nice satin appearance.

It gives a superior to OEM appearance IMHO. I did multiple coats with light sanding in between with excellent results. You can build up the aint this way to cover any imperfections in the plastic - and it doesn't flake off like the OEM rubbish.
        A google search only seems to yield AU / NZ vendors selling this one, any chance you know where to get this in the US?
        '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
        All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

I used Zinsser Perma for center console and it's my recomendation becoz it's very smooth out your center console.

Comment

Working...
          X