CSL bootlid paint tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
    A shop that knows what they're doing will pull it off no problems. paint matched both my CSL trunk and front bumper to my gas lid without blending and it came out 100% perfect. and PY is not an easy color to match.
    Unfortunately it is impossible to perfectly 100% match a plastic bumper or a trunk to the car thats 14-19 years old so thats incorrect. But on this topic I have a OE CSL trunk on my Topaz blue car and got it paint matched (no metal panels painted) I did not want to blend it because I have OE paint, the paint shop noted that they can get a perfect match if they blend but a close match to the OE paint but not perfect, if they just paint the trunk. I brought the car to them to paint for the best result and i would say mine matches 9.5/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake.s54 View Post

Unfortunately it is impossible to perfectly 100% match a plastic bumper or a trunk to the car thats 14-19 years old so thats incorrect.
      Maybe your definition of paint match is different than mine. If your eyes can’t pick up a difference between the painted panel and factory paint regardless of the outside lightning or the angle you’re looking at the car, then that is a paint match to me.
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
      X