Recommendations for Adjustable Rear Control Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for Adjustable Rear Control Arms

With the vanishing of m3forum.net I can't find what I need so I'm forced to ask a question that has been asked a thousand times before.

I'm looking for a good set of street ARCAs that are easily adjustable, reliable, and comfortable. Weight savings isn't a primary goal in this instance.

What would you all go with?
    Last edited by oceansize; 04-04-2020, 05:53 AM.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

I went with the Turner street/track camber arms when I installed my Ohlins R/T coilvers. It's only been a couple months, but so far so good.

Comment

I personally like the Bimmerworld street/track rear camber arms. Most camber arms use stock M3 rubber bushings while the Bimmerworld street/track uses OEM sealed monoball bearing which are used on CSL aluminum rear camber arms.

Comment

Also the obligatory follow-up question.... is it worth it to run a rear camber arm with a rod-end joint versus a sealed monoball like shown above? For an aggressive/street/track car.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
        2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

I don't like exposed rod end joints on a street car, the dirt and grim kills them. Sealed monoball should have a longer service life and does not need to be looked after.

Comment

Love my eibachs, made by spc. The aluminum ones. Rubber bushing. But they are pricey.

Turner's are nice too and on sale:

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I installed SPC's over the winter and was impressed with the value. They are beefy and not light. Sorry to give you an out of stock item, though, and maybe BW can give a lead time: https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...36-E46-Z4.html
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
                I don't like exposed rod end joints on a street car, the dirt and grim kills them. Sealed monoball should have a longer service life and does not need to be looked after.
                I didn’t know that about the inner joint being different on the CSL and the Stock m3’s. Is that BW arm the only one that uses that inner ball joint?

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

I’ve been using bushing end TMS rear camber arms for a few years, with no issues.
                  2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post

I didn’t know that about the inner joint being different on the CSL and the Stock m3’s. Is that BW arm the only one that uses that inner ball joint?
                    Yes, BW street/track camber arms that I linked above use CSL style monoballs. Most other camber arms either use rubber bushings or metal exposed joints.

Comment

Do you think using the Bimmerworld arm along with solid subframe bushings would lead to significant NVH?

Comment

I actually got Megan racing to try and they've been doing the job just fine for past 2 years.
                        https://propartsusa.com/products/Meg...yABEgKkHPD_BwE

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	1671
Size:	960.8 KB
ID:	7131

Click image for larger version

Name:	ECACECD7-6F4D-4508-962D-E7745DD058A0.jpeg
Views:	1487
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	7132

Comment

I've had the Turner (rubber bushing) arms on my E36 for years and have been very happy with them. The single outer jam nut design makes them easier to adjust than SPC, etc that have two jamnuts on either end. They also offer individual replacement parts should you need them.

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
                            I personally like the Bimmerworld street/track rear camber arms. Most camber arms use stock M3 rubber bushings while the Bimmerworld street/track uses OEM sealed monoball bearing which are used on CSL aluminum rear camber arms.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/BimmerWo...Arm-Set_2.html
                            ^^ Little known detail.

Much like the modern shift in RTAB design (Dinan, SDW, Fall Line, etc) the sealed monoball are the best of both worlds. Last I checked CSL camber arms were NLA but they were about $700 per side before and were known to bend easily.

Bimmerworld and Ground Control are the only ones I know of who offer a comparable product with sealed bearing. I will probably be going with one of those unless Turner comes out with their own version...

Comment

I have Rogue, Turner and D2 Racing, and works great.

Comment

Working...
                              X