Hawk Brake Pad Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flat-Six View Post

I guess it's really depends on what you are used to, and how you drive (limits) with what you have. I ran RR back in June with Street Pads (AutoZone specials!!!) and did not have a problem, but then my best lap time was only a 1:33, second time at a HPDE. But again, I am pretty easy on brakes. That track did eat my tires though, but I was running NO negative camber. I've since taken my car to MSW for alignment and a scale. I'll be back at RR in Dec, curious to see how the car does with new alignment and better pads (but not much better from what you guys are telling me). I'll get serious next year!

My Brother pulled 1:30's all day long at RR in a bone stock 2005 330i with cheap tires and cheaper street pads. His late model broke, so his wife drove the 330i down just so he could run Sat afternoon and Sun. He's bringing his Late Model to CMP this weekend. Hopefully he's got all the bugs out of it.
    itll be night and day. You took the same path i did. I went out the first time with almost no camber and hawks. A few track days later i went with 2.5 degrees on all 4 with performance friction pads. I went from having to stand on the brakes (almost literally) to being able to lock the tires up with half the force.

Comment

I run the Hawk HPS pads on the street. They are paired with DBA rotors. IMO, it is on of the best setups for this car, initial bite is very good, I've never had them fade on backroads and no squeal. Dust is moderate but I am a detailing nerd so I tend to wash often. If you want the performance but less dust, get the performance ceramic, we put those on the E60 M5 which is more of a daily driver. Great pads also.

Comment

Working...
      X