Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side Window Vertical seals; Discontinued?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a guy on FB here in NC he parts a lot of m3s and I think he ships. I don't know him personally, but I got my HP DME from him. I will PM you his FB info.

Comment

we need a guy "on the inside" with BMW to give us a heads up when parts are about to stop being manufactured.

Comment

I had to find a coupe being parted out to get this part as well. I tried to order earlier this year and it was on bo then nla.

Comment

Maybe the M4/M2 has a similar piece that we can trim on the bottom, worst case. Mine was cracked so I removed before I saw they were nla, dont miss it tbh.

Comment

These part numbers appear to be used for all E46 coupes, not just the M3. Probably easy enough to find a decent enough set for very little money at a junkyard.

E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Agreed on everyone’s post. Glad wasn’t the only one.

Seems to be such a generic piece. To find the measures on other models and match / trim whatever is closest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...60-51365a097a3

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...60-51365a097a4

Strangely BMW “replaced” the originals with new part numbers. Unfortunately they are far more expensive but I took the chance and ordered the left (driver’s side) as my current trim piece is in bad shape. I’m happy to report that it is indeed the correct trim piece! I ordered from GetBMWParts.

Attached Files

Comment

It's crazy man these are $20 pieces of trim.

Still cant believe the flywheel is 1700 vs 450 for the luk.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    Hmm, do these ever go bad? My car has 180k and those are pristine.
                    Seems that on rare occasion, an owner will luck out and they remain nice long term, seemingly forever. I am jealous!
                    E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                      It's crazy man these are $20 pieces of trim.

Still cant believe the flywheel is 1700 vs 450 for the luk.
                      Yeah it’s insanity! The chipped piece on mine was driving my OCD crazy so I bit the bullet on dropping $120 for a strip of rubber haha. Have you seen the current prices for the door rubber gaskets? $515 per side now.

Years ago I was able to source a LUK OEM flywheel for ~$380 direct from Amazon along with the LUK clutch kit for $205 for my E39 M5. Same Getrag 420G as in our M3s
                      Last edited by AvusM5; 09-20-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AvusM5 View Post

Yeah it’s insanity! The chipped piece on mine was driving my OCD crazy so I bit the bullet on dropping $120 for a strip of rubber haha. Have you seen the current prices for the door rubber gaskets? $515 per side now.

Years ago I was able to source a LUK OEM flywheel for ~$380 direct from Amazon along with the LUK clutch kit for $205 for my E39 M5. Same Getrag 420G as in our M3s
                        Yeah brother, the door seals and the upper shadowline trim to the kink is 500 per side too and I need two because of the deteriorated gaskets sealing the rear quarter windows.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

BMW really needs to real this shit in. especially for poor quality door seals that cost $500+ and fall apart very fast. I just dont understand why the hell they are still "glued" together and not molded.

Comment

Working...
                          X