Highest Mileage Cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highest Mileage Cars?

Currently sitting at 177k, have no doubt it’ll go to 200k. All original SMG too. What about everyone else?

200,000+ on the M3 wagon, 195,000 on the M5, 160,000 on the M3 (... though 20,000+ of those are on track).

All of them drive better than when new. All of them have original engine internals (other than rod bearings, on the S54s), transmissions, differentials, etc. None of them have original cooling systems or bushings (as I replace those items at 100,000 mile intervals).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

193k on the daily and 166k on the HPDE car. The former is on its original piston rings.

Comment

Right at 193k as well but I rebuilt the engine in the spring.
        IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

202k on the original engine in mine. On its 3rd set of rod bearings (1: factory-replaced at 33k, 2: service bulletin-replaced at 164k, 3: current set). Vanos was rebuilt, all other internals (afaik) are original, smg was converted to manual, rear diff has been replaced at least twice (stock>Dinan 3.91>stock), subframe yet to be reinforced.
          Last edited by bran.stum; 10-30-2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Here's a photo of my odo when I reached 250k. It's at 253k+ right now. On it's 4th set of bearings (OE, recall, PO, and me).

It's been a DD with a few track days.

I'm curious to see how the cylinder bores look like.
            Attached Files
            "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
            ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by bran.stum View Post
              202k, subframe yet to be reinforced.
              Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
              It's at 253k+ right now.

You love to hear it.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Im not very relevant at 161k, but RB’s were done at 153k and I have no reason to believe it will stop rockin’ and rollin anytime soon.
                This engine consumes the least amount of oil out of everything I have owned, doesn’t smoke, and requires no top-offs between changes.

Comment

219k on original engine and trans. Big three have been done within the last 15k miles. I redline it every day with zero problems. Not sure if this is unusual but the car does not burn any oil at all, even with multiple redline trips daily
                  Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 11-01-2020, 06:35 PM.
                  Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Would be cool to see a poll of cars in ranges over 175k miles, 200k, 225k, 250k, etc

Comment

204k here and 3rd set of rod bearings. Still a fun car at the track! Will probably be at 205k at Thunderhill next week.

Comment

Sheesh. You guys are making me feel low mileage at 116k.

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonbruck View Post
                          Sheesh. You guys are making me feel low mileage at 116k.
                          Gives me the warm an fuzzy. Im at 104k and cant believe how sOme people would have us believe our cars are a ticking time bomb. - famous last words

Comment

after delving into Porsche 996/997 ownership, this car feels like a reliable camry. 109k here.

so reliable, i'm debating swapping out my e90/330 for an e90/m3 instead of the P car.
                            Last edited by tnord; 10-31-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I'm at 195k. Put a ton of work/money into it the last couple years, but at this point I think it can go relatively trouble free for another 200k.

Comment

Working...
                              X