Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a DIY for the upper and lower ball joints on the trailing arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a DIY for the upper and lower ball joints on the trailing arm?

Any tricks to pressing them out? Can you retain alignment? Thinking about tackling the job soon

When I did it, I just rented a universal ball joint remover from autozone. The set had all the right size attachments I need and it made the job super easy.

Not a 100% necessary if you don’t mess with the eccentric bolts or rear trailing arm in the bushing side, but I would get another alignment after your done.
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Make sure you don't press onto the middle of the joint when installing the new ones, but instead on the outer casing (blue lines not red ones).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200404_141918.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	6654
      Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X