Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reinforcement plates vs structural foam ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martin.oconnor View Post
    CMP is a company selling a product. By all accounts, it is a good product - but I would definitely not treat such a source as definitive.
    Originally posted by poss View Post
    CMP is not merely a company selling a product. The CMP dude is a qualified engineer who designed the product after analysing the structure and forces at play when his own car suffered secondary failure
    Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
    Curious who came out with this type of brace design first between VInceBar or CMP?
    Wearing my asbestos undies here, I believe Vince was first to sell a rear (stealth/hidden) RACP mount topside bar solution - then CMP came out with their H-Bar solution...
    Ok..I think you know where this is going.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
      Ok..I think you know where this is going.
      No idea. Please enlighten us.

Comment

Here's a video illustrating the forces applied to the RACP (and a Vincebar fix). Whether it be a Vincebar, CMP bar, or the one I had made myself I'd rather be relying on a metal bar to keep my boot floor together than some foam:

BMW e46 M3 sub-frame fail & fixPart 1 many of you have seen, showing the destruction of my e46 M3 floor due to the subframe ripping it to shredsas requestedP...

Comment

Here's a video illustrating the forces applied to the RACP (and a Vincebar fix). Whether it be a Vincebar, CMP bar, or the one I had made myself I'd rather be relying on a metal bar to keep my boot floor together than some foam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm6s...BCzqb6XZAOeris
          Holy shit

Comment

Working...
          X