No announcement yet.

Who remembers this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car looks pretty good. Coupe and 6spd as well. If the PPI checks out and he's willing to bring the price closer to $15k, it's seems like a fair deal.

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by erickhoyos View Post

Indeed it might not be trash but it’s just more desirable to have a clean title car just for better insurance rates. I know how hard it is to find a good clean title car with all the options and color we want, I got lucky with one of my dad’s client’s son selling his Imola SMG vert for a little under $10K. It wasn’t even a car I had considered but I took the opportunity anyways.
      This is actually incorrect. You get the same insurance rates for rebuilt title and clean title cars. This is an insurance company scam they pull on people. I have owned several rebuilt title cars through several insurance companies and never had any difference in insurance rates. Where you get bite by insurance companies, is if there is a situation where your car gets totaled. Insurance companies will typically apply a 30-40% reduction in payout due to the rebuilt title. This has been happening more and more since its a way insurance companies screw it costumers more and more. It helps the insurance company because they charge you normal insurance rates for a clean title car but the payout of a rebuilt car.

So there is no difference in insurance rates only the payout in the case of your car being totaled if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

This is actually incorrect. You get the same insurance rates for rebuilt title and clean title cars. This is an insurance company scam they pull on people. I have owned several rebuilt title cars through several insurance companies and never had any difference in insurance rates. Where you get bite by insurance companies, is if there is a situation where your car gets totaled. Insurance companies will typically apply a 30-40% reduction in payout due to the rebuilt title. This has been happening more and more since its a way insurance companies screw it costumers more and more. It helps the insurance company because they charge you normal insurance rates for a clean title car but the payout of a rebuilt car.

So there is no difference in insurance rates only the payout in the case of your car being totaled if that happens.
        Thank you for the information. I’ll keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Is there ever a sure-fire way as a buyer to understand how a car got it's salvage title? I always get nervous the "it was stolen" in car ads is just covering up "it was on fire, flooded, and the frame is bent".
          2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
          ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

HEY! ive got an Imola SMG vert as well. thats my BABY too. i dont understand all the hate they get. but i also have an E39 M5 and E60 M5 for rigid chassis fun as well...

Indeed it might not be trash but it’s just more desirable to have a clean title car just for better insurance rates. I know how hard it is to find a good clean title car with all the options and color we want, I got lucky with one of my dad’s client’s son selling his Imola SMG vert for a little under $10K. It wasn’t even a car I had considered but I took the opportunity anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post

Is there ever a sure-fire way as a buyer to understand how a car got it's salvage title? I always get nervous the "it was stolen" in car ads is just covering up "it was on fire, flooded, and the frame is bent".
              Yes, 99% of the time the reason for the rebuilt title will be logged on a car fax report. I just ran one the other day and it seems they are getting more and detailed. They now, for the most part, tell if the car was in an accident what part car was hit, if airbags deployed, if it was towed from the scene, etc. You should be able to get the details running a carfax report if it was fire, flooded, accident or theft recovery.

Comment

Hey guys here is an update to get an idea where m3 prices are, this m3 just popped up near me:

A 2006 BMW M3 6 speed coupe Silver on Black in average condition with 158k miles and R title with an asking price of $11,500.

WTF is going on.

Comment

Back in March, there was a silvergray on imola, 150k mile 6spd coupe for 7K in louisvillle, ky. Granted it was a r-title car. The cheap cars are out there but they don't last long.

Comment

DOnt mean to be a party pooper, but i think the recent trend of "i bought the cheapest (beater) in the country" is also having that effect on our m3 prices. What used to be a legitimate lemon has now become challenges to be accepted by anyone with a toolset from harbor freight. Might be a short term thing

Comment

Originally posted by umichchris View Post
                      HEY! ive got an Imola SMG vert as well. thats my BABY too. i dont understand all the hate they get. but i also have an E39 M5 and E60 M5 for rigid chassis fun as well...

Idk but everyone I come across they either can’t stop staring at me or gives me a thumbs up. 169K on the clock and SMG still running solid.

Comment

Idk but everyone I come across they either can’t stop staring at me or gives me a thumbs up. 169K on the clock and SMG still running solid.
                        ^ Very true. As each year goes by I get more compliments. I get a lot of love from guys in Porsches and Ferraris. A lot of these guys had e46 M3s in their 20s and now that they've moved up in life so did their vehicles. But theyll look at an E46 M3 and say "thats where it all started".

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

^ Very true. As each year goes by I get more compliments. I get a lot of love from guys in Porsches and Ferraris. A lot of these guys had e46 M3s in their 20s and now that they've moved up in life so did their vehicles. But theyll look at an E46 M3 and say "thats where it all started".
                          Totally, its cool getting a thumbs up from a guy in a 458 because at the same time you know he's not driving it for the badge either.
                          2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Working...
                          X