Ss Twin Tube Sec. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss Twin Tube Sec. 2

The Supersprint twin tube Sec. 2 is on my mind as its 25% off right now, but I'm just not so sure if its the right thing for my vehicle.
    I read Obioban's review of this product and I would just like a few more opinions if possible.
    Tbonem3 said it made his car sound like shit which has me a bit worried as I like a good exhaust note even if it does slightly impede on the CSL intake sometimes.

Is this product really of any benefit to a NA car if your not running Cams, CSL intake and SSV1'S?

I have a CSL intake, Ssv1 headers, Catted Sec. 1, Stock Sec. 2, SCZA muffler and I wonder if without the cams a larger diameter Sec. 2 may actually hurt my power down low.

And then there's the sound...
    With a catted Sec. 1 I was thinking I would buy the non-resonated version of this piece as I don't want to lower my exhaust volume. I can only assume the resonated version would make my exhaust a bit quieter due to the increased diameter.
    Would the non-resonated piece be stupid loud/raspy even though I have cats installed? I know this is a bit subjective, thanks
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Mine (V1 stepped headers, catted V1 section 1, twin resonated 2, SS street rear can):

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Ordered mine as well.

Current setup: OEM Euro > Stock US Sec 1 + 2 > SCZA
      New setup will be: SS V1 > SS Sec1 Sec2(res) 63.5mm > SCZA - w/ Turner box and stock cams (for now)

Will do my best to record nice sound clips before and after.

Disclaimer: I have heard my car with the current setup whilst being driven by a friend while I was driving his car. I always thought my setup sounded mediocre at best, upon hearing it from the outside I can say I've fallen even more in love with the sound, exhaust only. At anything above 4k-ish rpm it sounds like a formula car and especially up top. Its a very clean sound. I have zero pops/bangs no burble tune, they happen rarely and naturally and only when I've pushed the automobile.

I hope the new setup will be equal at least.
      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT
      M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
        Ordered mine as well.

Current setup: OEM Euro > Stock US Sec 1 + 2 > SCZA
        New setup will be: SS V1 > SS Sec1 Sec2(res) 63.5mm > SCZA - w/ Turner box and stock cams (for now)

Will do my best to record nice sound clips before and after.

Disclaimer: I have heard my car with the current setup whilst being driven by a friend while I was driving his car. I always thought my setup sounded mediocre at best, upon hearing it from the outside I can say I've fallen even more in love with the sound, exhaust only. At anything above 4k-ish rpm it sounds like a formula car and especially up top. Its a very clean sound. I have zero pops/bangs no burble tune, they happen rarely and naturally and only when I've pushed the automobile.

I hope the new setup will be equal at least.
        Sounds like I’ll be a hybrid of your two setups.

Oem Euro, stock 1, SS Res X-pipe, OEM 3 (for now).

Goal would be for el Diablo 3 I think.
        2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

CrisSilberGrau nice new setup. You’re gonna love it. Did you order them through Ecs Black Friday sale?
          Also, finish that up with an HTE tune

Comment

I just worry the resonated version will quite my current sound (that I really like) down too much and the non-resonated version make make it too raspy. I rather have more rasp than less overall sound so I think I know which one to get.

I would imagine with the cats installed a non-resonated Sec. 2 wouldn't be too loud (subjective), but I guess I just don't know until I hear it. I like loud, but not stupid loud as to piss off neighbors at crusing speed.

I also don't want to get this piece if my non-cammed M3 can't take advantage of it, or worse, lose some low end.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
              I just worry the resonated version will quite my current sound (that I really like) down too much and the non-resonated version make make it too raspy. I rather have more rasp than less overall sound so I think I know which one to get.

I would imagine with the cats installed a non-resonated Sec. 2 wouldn't be too loud (subjective), but I guess I just don't know until I hear it. I like loud, but not stupid loud as to piss off neighbors at crusing speed.

I also don't want to get this piece if my non-cammed M3 can't take advantage of it, or worse, lose some low end.
              Ahh with the cats you may be okay. Going full catless would warrant a resonator I think.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                CrisSilberGrau nice new setup. You’re gonna love it. Did you order them through Ecs Black Friday sale?
                Also, finish that up with an HTE tune
                Already running with Hassan, 325whp running a bit toasty. Will tune again with the full exhaust to see the difference, and then again when I get cams. Cams will take a while, I have to calm down a bit and enjoy the car now, I've spent a collosal amount in the first year of ownership. Also I need a valve adjustment as I cant see one done by the records I have etc. My car came from EAG sometime in 2012 and had 70k miles I think, its now at 129k and only changed hands twice since that time. EAG buyer had it for 7 years roughly.

Cubieman I'm curious as what do you mean by low-end? For this platform I'm assuming between 3k-5k... Maybe some of the tuners can chime in but with the mods that you have 4.10s/Karb I dont see a down side.

Obioban Wondering if there's a difference in weight with going full SS up to sec 2?
                Last edited by CrisSilberGrau; 11-27-2020, 06:54 AM.
                M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

Sounds like I’ll be a hybrid of your two setups.

Oem Euro, stock 1, SS Res X-pipe, OEM 3 (for now).

Goal would be for el Diablo 3 I think.
                  X pipe must sound really nice, an SS Sport would really round out that build and give it some classy bling out the back

Comment

X pipe must sound really nice, an SS Sport would really round out that build and give it some classy bling out the back
                    Originally I was going to buy a section 3 this year.. and just a few minutes ago a Rogue Engineering El Diablo (what I pictured as the last part of the dream exhaust) showed up for $695 shipped... so you can update that a little lol.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally I was going to buy a section 3 this year.. and just a few minutes ago a Rogue Engineering El Diablo (what I pictured as the last part of the dream exhaust) showed up for $695 shipped... so you can update that a little lol.
                      Honestly one of the best times of the year, car santa is best santa. Congrats man.

Comment

I’ve been eyeing this piece as well, but also curious as to how it would affect the car in terms of sound and power. It’s tough to beat the oem section 2. It’s very well engineered lol.

Comment

I just wonder if a full 2.5 from front to back is too much without cams, that SCZA muffler is 2.5" as well.

Instagram

Comment

Obioban Wondering if there's a difference in weight with going full SS up to sec 2?
                            I have smog coming up in next few weeks, just waiting for some nuts/gaskets from fcp. I'll weigh stock headers to section 2 vs ssv1, ss race cats and resonated ss twin pipe. Will add to the weight thread that Heinz started.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Is that new or used you’re talking about?

Comment

Working...
                              X