Rod bearing recall (early cars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod bearing recall (early cars)

The answer was probably on m3f, but don't think I've seen it here.

How can you check if an early car had the rod bearings replaced by the dealer? Only through dealer recorders? You don't see it on a carfax? Carfax does show the airbag recall, though, but maybe only because it's an active recall?

I'm not interested in the ways you can visually tell whether the bottom end's been done or not, just finding records.

Thanks
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    The answer was probably on m3f, but don't think I've seen it here.

How can you check if an early car had the rod bearings replaced by the dealer? Only through dealer recorders? You don't see it on a carfax? Carfax does show the airbag recall, though, but maybe only because it's an active recall?

I'm not interested in the ways you can visually tell whether the bottom end's been done or not, just finding records.

Thanks
    Gotta talk to the dealer. They should be able to look it up by VIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I contacted the dealer and they searched by VIN to confirm it was done. Also it should be labeled under "Service action" as it wasn't defined as a recall

Comment

I had the airbag recall done recently but it showed on my CARFAX as “vehicle serviced”. It doesn’t say airbags serviced but the airbag recall needed was removed off the report.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Triqzy View Post
          Also it should be labeled under "Service action" as it wasn't defined as a recall
          Exactly. It was never a recall which by definition is a government deemed safety related issue. This was not deemed as such, so merely a "Service Action".

Comment

Yup, I knew a guy who worked at BMW and he was able to populate all the dealer service records and found out that way.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
            2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

I also verified the date of my TSB work by calling the dealer. Good luck!

Comment

Awesome thanks guys!
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                X