BRAKE AIR DUCT TO ALUMINUM BRACKET PLASTIC RIVET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRAKE AIR DUCT TO ALUMINUM BRACKET PLASTIC RIVET

We beat this dead horse in the old defunct forum but I lost the information on the rivet part number -- the RealOEM listed it wrong. Anyone know the correct part number?

I believe the correct rivet was used on some non E46 cars at other locations.

ECS lists this https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51718229003/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I remember the correct one had the round tip and not spade tip as this suggested one.

Comment

I don't remember if anyone flashed up this part number in the old thread but here is my attempt: 51161881149. This is same as fender liner rivets.
        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I know for sure the ducts don't use the same rivet as the inner fender 51161881149 -- its diameter is too small.

Comment

Pic of the rivet on an eBay listing showing the rivet has 4 prongs and round shape with a big and smooth center rod.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
              Pic of the rivet on an eBay listing showing the rivet has 4 prongs and round shape with a big and smooth center rod.
              I'd call a dealer and give them the ducting part number, and see what they have as a part number for the rivets and hope it's not the same as the one on real OEM.

Comment

Anyone ever come up with this part number?

Comment

Pretty sure this is it:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/17111712963/

EDIT 2022-Aug-07: The part number is actually 51711936929 per NZ_M3 post #20 below. Didn't want anyone mistakenly trusting my original post and ordering the wrong part.
                  Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 08-07-2022, 03:26 AM.
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                    Jedi level shit right here...

Comment

Having recently taken that bracket apart to connect brake cooling hoses, it looks like what Casa linked, it is 4-pronged push in, not 2-pronged screw like what I linked in post 2.

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

That looks right to me, better shot than anything I found

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post

Jedi level shit right here...
                          Ha! I just took mine apart recently, looked up the RealOEM part and it looked wrong. Noticed the fan shroud rivet was the same as the brake duct. Bada bing, Bob's your uncle.
                          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Those are also the rivets used to hold our b pillar covers on.

I thought Ian, back on the m3f version of this thread, had determined that the rivet (used at upper rad shroud and b pillars) WAS NOT the right one?
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I have easy access to the b pillar one, and it is definitely much larger diameter.

One with single rivet in pic is b pillar one, one with two of them is from the brake duct.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Working...
                              X