Copying and M3F cached thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying and M3F cached thread

Is there a method to capture an entire cached M3F thread so that it can be copied over here?

Jesse
    Old, not obsolete.

Originally posted by D-O View Post
    Is there a method to capture an entire cached M3F thread so that it can be copied over here?

Jesse
    I think so and hope so. The old forum you could get a digest version of the thread which will give you all the posts in one massive thread. Hopefully some of that is cached... I suppose we'll find out later when I start writing the importer. Will keep you posted on that.
    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Sorry, don't have an answer to your question, but it might be useful to have people "claim" which threads they are recreating/copying over so that people aren't doing double work.

I have a copy of the SMG to manual conversion post with all the original images still, which I think were actually lost on M3F as well. I'd be happy to set it up as a new thread here, but don't want to step on the toes of any of the original content creators.
      2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Gonna get to work in this tonight. Lots of time!!!
        2004 E46 Imola Red M3 Coupe
        2015 F56 Pepper White Mini Cooper S
        2018 W205 Polar White C300 AMG Night Edition

Comment

My journal is like 55 pages on google cache and I'm only getting 1 page at a time, and they're random pages, some aren't showing.

Anyone know how to get all of them at once?

Seems like it might be the same or even less work to just recreate it rather than copy over page by page?
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            My journal is like 55 pages on google cache and I'm only getting 1 page at a time, and they're random pages, some aren't showing.

Anyone know how to get all of them at once?

Seems like it might be the same or even less work to just recreate it rather than copy over page by page?
            Yeah for journals I suspect you're going to be better off recreating. For DIYs, it's usually that first page that is most important

Comment

Thanks Terra. All photos are on Flickr or cellphone, so not a huge deal :/
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

I think so and hope so. The old forum you could get a digest version of the thread which will give you all the posts in one massive thread. Hopefully some of that is cached... I suppose we'll find out later when I start writing the importer. Will keep you posted on that.
                What is the maximum size for photos and attachments? I was going to post the Torque Spec PDF in case anyone needs to refer to it.
                Last edited by Slideways; 03-19-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  Thanks Terra. All photos are on Flickr or cellphone, so not a huge deal :/
                  Sucks you lost it all I’m making to decision to keep all of mine in a word document should this ever happen again. Plus this way if I ever sell the car I have a nice long book to hand over
                  2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Oof I have a partial backup for my track car but nothing for the street car. F
                    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                    X