KW end link advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
    Moog K6662 is what you want, dirt cheap on RockAuto.

Here's my original thread where I went through the same search, with more details: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...r-kw-coilovers
    Thank you and Tbonem3 and everyone else for the useful information. I found them on an amazon link that was posted in R4DRs endlink thread. $38.16 shipped for both.. Looking forward to mounting these with my ST swaybars and KW V2 coilovers.

Would it help if I got a set of MOOGs for the rear as well?

Amazon.com: Moog K6662 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit: Automotive

Comment

No, the rear style is a proprietary design and unaffected by shock/spring choices.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        No, the rear style is a proprietary design and unaffected by shock/spring choices.
        Thank you bro

Comment

Ordered on Amazon and they arrived this morning. 👍

Comment

Would these Moogs also work with stock sways and Ohlins with 13.5-13.75" front ride height?

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
              Would these Moogs also work with stock sways and Ohlins with 13.5-13.75" front ride height?
              Assuming the Ohlins strut has a stock-location end link mount, I don't think so. The KWs relocate the mount to a completely different location than stock, hence the need for different links. I'd assume your setup would use either stock fixed-length links or stock-ish length adjustable links.
              '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I am looking for the same replacement right now and heard about the Meyle/Moog debate. I reached out to ECS and they provided me these part numbers for Meyle when I asked them for an 8" endlink.

I haven't ordered yet but thought this maybe useful for someone down the road.
                • 31356751080 - right
                • 31356751079 - left
                Last edited by Heirforce1; 02-23-2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Sway bar links for KWs
                  Does anyone recall what cars front sway bar links to order for the KW replacements? And if they were shorter slightly vs the OE 46? For those asking wtf, years ago we found out (ericSMG iirc) that the links were identical to a Chevrolet something if memory serves me correctly. KW’s links used to be notorious fragile. These

AC delco is what you want not Moog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Heirforce1 View Post
                    I am looking for the same replacement right now and heard about the Meyle/Moog debate. I reached out to ECS and they provided me these part numbers for Meyle when I asked them for an 8" endlink.

I haven't ordered yet but thought this maybe useful for someone down the road.
                    • 31356751080 - right
                    • 31356751079 - left
                    Those AWD End Links are showing ~308mm Lengths (Moog).

Stock 46 M3 Lengths are ~271mm and 36 M3 End Links are ~231mm (According to Moog Measurements)

I haven't found a shorter "OEM" end link if you're trying to stay with OE/Euro Branded parts. I'd guess 40mm Shorter endlinks would suffice but I don't know where the KW Tab is located on the strut to make people go with 180mm links.

Comment

Great Thread. Can anyone suggest adjustable Links for my GC Coilovers?

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnother46M3 View Post

Those AWD End Links are showing ~308mm Lengths (Moog).

Stock 46 M3 Lengths are ~271mm and 36 M3 End Links are ~231mm (According to Moog Measurements)

I haven't found a shorter "OEM" end link if you're trying to stay with OE/Euro Branded parts. I'd guess 40mm Shorter endlinks would suffice but I don't know where the KW Tab is located on the strut to make people go with 180mm links.
                        Those part numbers were provided to me by ECS, but I have asked FCP Euro to see if they can confirm the lengths. I also found it strange that it shows fitment for that application when I asked for an 8" link. The KW end link mounting point is an inch above where the shock is bolt into the knuckle, while the oem and a handful of aftermarket coilovers place that tab several inches higher.

In my search I have also found these Whitelink adjustable endlinks that range from 190-215mm, making them almost perfect. If I cannot confirm the lengths with FCP, this will be the route I am going.

Comment

Originally posted by Heirforce1 View Post
                          The KW end link mounting point is an inch above where the shock is bolt into the knuckle, while the oem and a handful of aftermarket coilovers place that tab several inches higher.
                          If you don't need adjustable one's ECS has "CTR" branded End Links that look quite a bit shorter than any "Normal" E36/46 End link.

Maybe try eMail or call ECS about the length on these. I made the mistake of buying these once and finding out they were way too short for me.

Won't let me post the link but this is the P# 37160600022KT

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnother46M3 View Post

If you don't need adjustable one's ECS has "CTR" branded End Links that look quite a bit shorter than any "Normal" E36/46 End link.

Maybe try eMail or call ECS about the length on these. I made the mistake of buying these once and finding out they were way too short for me.

Won't let me post the link but this is the P# 37160600022KT
                            Thinking I will likely go the non adjustable route and run the ACDelco ones. I'm going to see if ECS can confirm the part # you provided as well!

Comment

Working...
                            X