Where to Buy CSL/Mini Battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Buy CSL/Mini Battery?

I've been looking to buy the CSL/Mini battery, but have not found anywhere to buy it from. Realoem says the part number is 61218377139, but the usual online distributors (FCP, ECS, etc) don't have it in stock and the dealers I've called can't seem to get it for me either. Anyone know where I can find one?
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Pepboys had it (bosch) for a long time, often with 25% off. Ended up around $125 iirc. It's not there anymore, but they have a comparable Champion H5 size for similar price.

The size is H5. Look for one with like 550 or 600 cca iirc.

The only bad thing is weight was lower with bosch mini one vs. other H5s I looked at. i don't remember a correlation of that to CCAs, but maybe. So, hopefully you can find an H5 also around 34lbs like the bosch, but not too few ccas.
    Last edited by Tbonem3; 04-06-2020, 03:56 PM.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

This might sound stupid, but were you looking at BMW dealerships or MINI dealerships? A co-worker of mine was able to get one a little while ago from our local MINI parts department.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        Pepboys had it (bosch) for a long time, often with 25% off. Ended up around $125 iirc. It's not there anymore, but they have a comparable Champion H5 size for similar price.

The size is H5. Look for one with like 550 or 600 cca iirc.

only bad thing is weight was lower with bosch mini one vs. other H5s I looked at. i don't remember a correlation of that to CCAs, but maybe. So, hopefully you can find an H5 also around 34lbs like the bosch.
        Nice thank you! Any experience with Champion? Specs for that battery look good, but I've never bought anything from that brand before.

Originally posted by props View Post
        This might sound stupid, but were you looking at BMW dealerships or MINI dealerships? A co-worker of mine was able to get one a little while ago from our local MINI parts department.
        I tried both. BMW dealers told me they couldn't find the part and the MINI parts department never picked up lol. I'll try again shortly.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Nice thank you! Any experience with Champion? Specs for that battery look good, but I've never bought anything from that brand before.

I tried both. BMW dealers told me they couldn't find the part and the MINI parts department never picked up lol. I'll try again shortly.
          Yeah...that's MINI for you. Once you're able to get ahold of them they should be able to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by props View Post

Yeah...that's MINI for you. Once you're able to get ahold of them they should be able to help you out.
            Just left a message with the receptionist, we'll see if they ever get back to me.

Comment

It's just a run of the mil H5 battery, might as well get it from anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                It's just a run of the mil H5 battery, might as well get it from anywhere.
                Yeah after some research it seems like it's not worth the effort to try and find the Mini one. I'll just head over to Pep Boys tomorrow and grab that Champion battery, similar CCA and weight to the Bosch battery.

Comment

Aren’t there only something like 2-3 manufacturers of auto batteries, and brands just slap their logos on and sell them? I never understood the appeal of buying OEM branded batteries.
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Here's an H5, but it's got a whopping 680cca! It's 40lb tho. Bosch is 34 iirc which is why I wanted it (for the price).

Last edited by Tbonem3; 04-06-2020, 10:45 PM.

Comment

The Champion H5 (first row in the table) is rated at 650 CCA and weighs 32.9 lbs. It's also about $130 at Pep Boys, so it seems like a decent buy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200406-232338_Drive.jpg
Views:	1597
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	7494

It has a three year warranty too, so if it dies prematurely I'l l just go grab another.

Comment

Perfect!

Comment

Nice, gonna grab that champion as well.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                          2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
                            Nice, gonna grab that champion as well.
                            This ended up being what they had in stock. Specs are exactly the same.

There's 25% off if you order online and pick up in store. I didn't do this, but I asked the person who was helping me and they gave me the discount anyway. Came out to ~$130 after tax, discount, and core charge return.

Comment

I got mine from a Mini dealer. PN 61212353815. Fits perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                              X