*Official* Comments from Strangers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Official* Comments from Strangers Thread

Once someone waved me down to pull over...so I did and then he asked me if I would sell him my car lol...NOPE!

Plenty of thumbs up from others

Share your stories!

Living in a smaller town my car generates a fair few questions but for the most part it doesn't get any further than "that is a neat old car". LoL. Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, and big diesel trucks rule the dirty south.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I live in Iowa and there are not many ///M cars around here. An e90 328i x drive flew past me. Met up with him at the light and he asked how much horsepower my car had. Told me he had his tuned for 450. Then asked what kind of car mine was and told me it “looked extra sporty” lol

Comment

Was at a car show. Lady walks up to me and said “is it a 330i?”

Comment

Most people say "Why?" or "That's funny."

'00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
          Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
          Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Mine got waaay more attention in Colorado, especially during the winter. Seems like everyone has one in California, so I haven't gotten too many comments here.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

People ask about the plate all the time. Had a guy ask to buy it but I said I know what I have.
              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 BMW ///M3
              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I think I’ve gotten one or two thumbs up in the six years I’ve owned my M3. Twice that many and a handful of comments on my plain Jane black E39 M5 in the past year, most recent from another E46 M3 owner driving his wife’s SUV. Definitely more of a classic in the eyes of the masses for some reason.

Comment

Best one was from an e92 m3 owner at a gas station while filling up before a midnight drive this past fall. It was a perfect night for a brisk drive.
                  The worst are the ones from kids pulling up next to you on red light and throwing up all sorts of bro signs while swearing thats their next car. A simple thumbs up would be sufficient 😆

Comment

"hey bro, much do you want for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                      Mine got waaay more attention in Colorado, especially during the winter. Seems like everyone has one in California, so I haven't gotten too many comments here.
                      True story, plus just way too many newer M cars and other high end cars to really stick out here.
                      Someone once told me “that twin turbo V6 makes a lot of power huh?” Mmmhm.

Comment

A guy in a crappy Civic did a classic ricer fly by and I decided to chase him. I was on his tail with no effort while he was foot to the floor. Got to a stop light and he said “that cars pretty fast, how about we take it to the highway?” I laughed and drove off.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

True story, plus just way too many newer M cars and other high end cars to really stick out here.
                          Someone once told me “that twin turbo V6 makes a lot of power huh?” Mmmhm.
                          Oddly enough, I've gotten a few thumbs up from F8x owners. People driving E46 M3s have never even looked at my car.
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

"Why do you keep such an old car?"

"Get that piece of **** off the road!"

"Your car is too loud."

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Oddly enough, I've gotten a few thumbs up from F8x owners. People driving E46 M3s have never even looked at my car.
                              Everyone of them ignores me haha, bunch of d-bags out here with egos lol. Two parked in my garage at the office and we always the 3 of us parked next to each other, always the same spots. One morning we arrived at the same time, I was in front, and he followed me down 3 floors as usual and i parked in my usual spot and the f***er just kept driving to the 4th floor, (which he never ever does). He was an attorney (so c***sucker probably). On the other hand I've had an R8 give me a thumbs up at the light.

Comment

Working...
                              X