*Official* Comments from Strangers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one I forgot about:

One time I parked next to a C55 AMG (same era AMG competitor) at my local gym. When I came out after my workout the guy was there. He waited for me (with his gf/wife sitting in the car) so we could chat and take pictures of our cars together. I actually owned a C55 before my M3 (they're much rarer) so he was thrilled about that lol

Miss that car. The 5.4L V8 pulled like a mf

Comment

I stopped for gas the other day ($2.60 a liter =$9.77 a gallon) and a guy drove by me and stopped and just kept saying wow. Asked what year it was told me he sold his a few years ago and regretted it. He said my car was beautiful and don’t ever sell.

Comment

I pulled up to a light and I guy in a e46 325ci said “wanna trade?” He said the paint was amazing (LSB) and that it’s the best generation. I thanked him and returned a compliment.

countless thumbs ups as well.

Comment

Got a thumbs up this morning in traffic. But I first thought he was giving me the finger so I responded with the finger. Then realized it was a high school looking kid and his face was shocked. So I switched back to a thumbs up. Smiled even though it took me 2 hours to get to work and travel 16 miles.

Does this count?
          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 BMW ///M3
          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
            Got a thumbs up this morning in traffic. But I first thought he was giving me the finger so I responded with the finger. Then realized it was a high school looking kid and his face was shocked. So I switched back to a thumbs up. Smiled even though it took me 2 hours to get to work and travel 16 miles.

Does this count?
            Shoulda doubled down, no one likes a flip flopper
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post
              I live in Los Angeles so I see M cars every day. Tons of F8x, starting to see more G8x, sometimes see E9x, maybe every other week I’ll see another E46. I don’t street drive my E46 that much anymore but I get thumbs up or some sort of acknowledgement from all kinds of people pretty much every time I do. I think the LSB is particularly noticeable.

G8x are dick heads
              F8x are usually dick heads if they’re stock. Tuned ones tend to be cool and interested in the E46.
              E9x dudes usually give a head nod, definitely if they are modified.
              E46 guys are always stoked to see another one.

Going on canyon drives the E46 usually gets more attention at turn outs than pretty much anything else. Which is funny because that wasn’t the case 5 years ago.

A couple years ago I ran into Matt Farah in the canyons while he was filming a One Take. He checked out the E46 and kind of talked down about it, saying “I bet you had to pay a couple grand for sub frame and a couple grand for vanos huh?” Now a couple years later he has paid dumb money for a boring low mileage TiAg example.

I get “we buy junk cars” cards when I park in my neighborhood too lol.
              Matt Farah has become insufferable, he is such a self-centered pretentious douche. I'm not surprised at all that he tried to neg your car. Having seen your car in person, there's nothing bad to say at all lol.

I also find it hilarious that he got ripped off by EAG and for a super boring car that doesn't look that clean. 😂

Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 06-13-2022, 12:06 PM.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Matt Farah has become insufferable, he is such a self-centered pretentious douche. I'm not surprised at all that he tried to neg your car. Having seen your car in person, there's nothing bad to say at all lol.

I also find it hilarious that he got ripped off by EAG and for a super boring car that doesn't look that clean. 😂
                Yea true. I would love to know exactly what he paid.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Dude, EAG waxed it. You think that is cheap? Seriously I would love to know what in the heck EAG really does. If the car comes in with a leaky CPV, some sort of diff leak, or a difficult to fix trans fluid leak do they actually fix it? Or is the extent of their added value "we changed fluids and gave it a spit polish"? After all the cars they sell are typically low mileage so how many serious problems could they have developed? It isn't like they are checking the RACP, bullet proofing the VANOS, or swapping rod bearing at those low mileages.
                  Last edited by oceansize; 06-13-2022, 01:42 PM.
                  3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Dude, EAG waxed it. You think that is cheap? Seriously I would love to know what in the heck EAG really does. If the car comes in with a leaky CPV, some sort of diff leak, or a difficult to fix trans fluid leak do they actually fix it? Or is the extent of their added value "we changed fluids and gave it a spit polish"? After all the cars they sell are typically low mileage so many serious problems could they have developed? It isn't like they are checking the RACP, bullet proofing the VANOS, or swapping rod bearing at those low mileages.
                    rejuvenation?

sarcasm aside, people don’t seem to complain when paying top dollar for their cars. They source hard to find inventory for willing and able buyers? For a while, buying a clownshoe was impossible, they’d scoop and flip all of them. I gave up.
                    Last edited by 02_lsb; 06-13-2022, 01:46 PM.
                    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                      Dude, EAG waxed it. You think that is cheap? Seriously I would love to know what in the heck EAG really does. If the car comes in with a leaky CPV, some sort of diff leak, or a difficult to fix trans fluid leak do they actually fix it? Or is the extent of their added value "we changed fluids and gave it a spit polish"? After all the cars they sell are typically low mileage so many serious problems could they have developed? It isn't like they are checking the RACP, bullet proofing the VANOS, or swapping rod bearing at those low mileages.
                      Having seen their operation first hand (I almost bought from them), I think what they do is get paid twice: (1) shop rate to throw marked up factory parts at anything they can justify (ka’ching!) then (2) use all that “work” to justify their profit on the car (ka’ching, ka’ching!). So when you look at that business model there’s no incentive to skip anything, actually, including the [likely $1000] detail job.

Transfer price accounting all over the place, good work if you can get it.

But maybe I’m being overly cynical.

maw

EDIT… they get paid three times if you count the money they made in buying the cars cheap to begin with.

Comment

I had a good one last year. For context, my car is a TiAg coupe- far from mint condition but you wont see any defects unless youre within a foot or two. I'm driving on the highway during rush hour and this guy rolls his window down and starts yelling at me. I assume he's roadraging so I just ignore him and continue on to my destination probably 5 miles and at least as many exits away. I notice the same person is still following me all the way and even follows me into some backstreets and finally the parking lot of my destination. He pulls up beside me and rolls down his window to tell me that he likes my car and that he used to have one "just like it" then proceeds to offer to take it off my hands for the generous price of $3k. I can't help but laugh at the offer and he pads it up to $4k, then 5. Crap even back in 2010 I don't think you could get a salvage title SMG vert at this guys price lol
                        2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

That guy must have really wanted your car to follow you for five miles!
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

All to make a low ball offer. Puzzling.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

"Your brake light is broken." People with lightweight drivetrains maybe can relate.

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Got a random comment while leaving shopping center, they say my exhaust is too loud. Thing is, I have a SCZA muffler and everything else stock, and just started the car without revving or anything. Not a cold start either.
                                I say it sounds fine to me, then they jokingly say they might write me up for it. Odd. Not sure if they thought they knew me (or if they did, I forget names/faces constantly, they did not look familiar though), but it was weird. I just said ok and casually pulled out of the spot at that point, then left.

-Gezim.

Comment

Working...
                                X