No announcement yet.

Who's RTAB is better? Bimmerworld/Syncro Design/TMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I don’t know why this didn’t appear in the SEARCH I did.
    Interesting info.

Anyone know if one piece design is actually better than the two piece design? The two piece design looks a lot like one piece but with screw downed lip end caps/hats.

I was really leaning towards BIMMERWORLD until reading they don’t use genuine Lemforder but another aftermarket balljoint.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

That is hilarious! I'll have a look and see if I can reproduce and open a support ticket with tapatalk.
      I don't have the bug with links to other threads via Tapatalk on my Samsung. Seems to open them fine. Just fyi.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
        I don't have the bug with links to other threads via Tapatalk on my Samsung. Seems to open them fine. Just fyi.

Maybe its an iPhone issue.

Made a screen recording:

It’s even more hilarious because that post is never ending-just the same photo over and over!!! 😜😜😜

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Made a screen recording:

It’s even more hilarious because that post is never ending-just the same photo over and over!!! 😜😜😜
          It's a great photo

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Ok contacted BIMMERWORLD. Said he was not contacted about that bearing/clunking issue mentioned in previous thread. Also said the balljoint was Not made in India.
            Said these monoball rtab’s parts are used on his (over 3 years) and their track cars.
            I’m thinking of going with theirs as I like the company and products. If I do I would be able to confirm/dismiss if product has any issues then too.

Next would be Turner’s and then FCP Euro with Syncro Design.
            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
              Ok contacted BIMMERWORLD. Said he was not contacted about that bearing/clunking issue mentioned in previous thread. Also said the balljoint was Not made in India.
              Said these monoball rtab’s parts are used on his (over 3 years) and their track cars.
              I’m thinking of going with theirs as I like the company and products. If I do I would be able to confirm/dismiss if product has any issues then too.

Next would be Turner’s and then FCP Euro with Syncro Design.
              The Bimmerworld pieces have a poor reputation on here because they were caught using a non-OEM (aka "made in India") ball joint. There was a thread on the old M3F showcasing this. It sounds like they've rectified this since then, but the reputation continues.

Pretty stupid move on their part.
              '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Is just my experience. I've been driving this for 12 tkm and everything is fine ...

Condor Speed Shop sells the best rear trailing arm monoball bearing on the market. Our BMW rear suspension parts increase precision and eliminate binding!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post
                  Is just my experience. I've been driving this for 12 tkm and everything is fine ...

https://www.condorspeedshop.com/coll...=8067098017838
                  Thanks, they state they use the Syncro Design Works one.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Made a screen recording:

That is hilarious! hahah oh my gosh
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
                    Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

The Bimmerworld pieces have a poor reputation on here because they were caught using a non-OEM (aka "made in India") ball joint. There was a thread on the old M3F showcasing this. It sounds like they've rectified this since then, but the reputation continues.

Pretty stupid move on their part.
                      Who knows if they’ve rectified it. They lied about it back then too. The recent thread here clearly shows a non-OEM bushing.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Who knows if they’ve rectified it. They lied about it back then too. The recent thread here clearly shows a non-OEM bushing.
                        That's... very valid. Learning about that whole thing made me less likely to buy their products in general, disappointing since they have such a good reputation.

Comment

The Bimmerworld pieces have a poor reputation on here because they were caught using a non-OEM (aka "made in India") ball joint. There was a thread on the old M3F showcasing this. It sounds like they've rectified this since then, but the reputation continues. Pretty stupid move on their part.
                          Don’t recall seeing that thread on old forum. Look forward to maybe a picture or WayBackMachine thread re-post.
                          As for “non-OEM” balljoint, never heard that called made in India. I mean even Lemforder makes parts in Malaysia. Huge mistake made by people is the term OEM vs OE. There are many high quality parts made by OEM. It could be Febi or even Corteco as a European OEM part.

But yes I would absolutely prefer a highly respected OEM/OE part used in this unit over some inferior known brand to save a buck.
                          You’re right, it was stupid of them for a part that cost them very little to use for a better received product.
                          Last edited by old///MFanatic; 12-30-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

There are photos in that thread I linked.

Comment

There are photos in that thread I linked.
                              BTW thanks again so much for link.
                              Didn’t see where the bearing/balljoint was taken out to see the brand. Only noticed one showing one outside pressed in view of some visible (perhaps unrelated) numbers that don’t show up in a Google search.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                                Thanks, they state they use the Syncro Design Works one.
                                According to this thread https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ngs-experience SDW uses an OEM E46 balljoint that is machined down to fit the bracket.

FWIW, I happened to order the CMP RTABs this afternoon.
                                Last edited by K-Dawg; 12-30-2020, 04:06 PM.
                                2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Working...
                                X