Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post
    Love:
    -MCS 1WNR dampers with swift springs (flat ride rates)
    What rates are you running? Do you drive on the street much? Curious how MCS with flat ride handles the street.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

For all of you smoked turn signal haters, I'm looking for a set of smoked front indicators if you have some laying around.

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post
        For all of you smoked turn signal haters, I'm looking for a set of smoked front indicators if you have some laying around.
        You can have mine, they are here:
        Our customers can always rely on us to handle their recycling & waste needs in a way that’s easy & effortless for them.

Serious though, mine never sat right. I like the look but without fitment 100%, not worth it.
        Last edited by Icecream; 01-28-2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

What rates are you running? Do you drive on the street much? Curious how MCS with flat ride handles the street.
          448f 840r with a 30mm front bar and stock rear bar. It used to be my daily but now it's primarily a track and weekend car. I chose the spring rates with the track in mind, you could definitely go softer if you're looking for a primarily street set-up. I matched the bounce frequencies of a GT3 RS to give you a reference point. I drove a 991 GT3 RS and the ride quality felt comparable. It is stiff but honestly the flat ride makes a huge difference. That ratio is optimized for 80 mph so at freeway speeds it feels amazing. Cruising around at slower speeds is a bit harsh. A bigger differential between the front and rear rates would help with that. If you're ever down in LA you can come drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post

I mostly street drive my car and I love my 4.10s.. I guess it's personal preference.
            I use mine in the mountain drives, and is great, i assume depends of the use. I dont use the car in the town, or something like that and runs perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by jareds941 View Post

I'm attempting to install the Hard door panels now. Man, that is not a very well made product. the "holes" don't line up to anything on my car...I'm going with nutserts but it's proving to be very time consuming and furstrating...all for a mod that serves little "purpose" other than making my track car look a little less ghetto. Can't even imagine trying to make the CF version fit knowing what I've had to do thus far.
              I bought from them a few parts and... Fuck, what a shitty quality. I said, no more. For real.
              Last edited by bjz!; 01-28-2021, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                I should have put no cats on my worst list. Been over a decade, so didn't think of it.

Nothing ruins the car faster other than smoking in it.
                Talk me about the CF driveshaft, i was looking to buy one, because i cant find nobody here to own one to test it... Save me to not make a mistake, lol

Comment

For me...

Best:
                  Brakes (i love brake hard)
                  Suspension + Sways + Setup
                  Seats (PP)
                  Airbox
                  R Compound tyres (i hate drive with bad tyres)

Worst so far:

RTD mini, i really HATE that shifter. was the first mini sell it. Man... Really hate the functionality and always pretty hard going 3 to 2. Obviously, i sell it quickly.

and... Frank Smith Tune. What a shitty waste of time and money. Basicly a CSL tune, but worst.
                  Last edited by bjz!; 01-28-2021, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bjz! View Post

Talk me about the CF driveshaft, i was looking to buy one, because i cant find nobody here to own one to test it... Save me to not make a mistake, lol
                    I haven't seen one yet that doesn't vibrate, often significantly, at high speed (which I wouldn't be surprised if it led to failure over time, possible of the trans or diff).

... and they probably don't actually have less rotational inertia than stock, given their larger diameter (as in, they don't, if you calculate it).

And many of them don't fit in the car without removing the differential, which makes working on the car a huge PITA.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I haven't seen one yet that doesn't vibrate, often significantly, at high speed (which I wouldn't be surprised if it led to failure over time, possible of the trans or diff).

... and they probably don't actually have less rotational inertia than stock, given their larger diameter (as in, they don't, if you calculate it).

And many of them don't fit in the car without removing the differential, which makes working on the car a huge PITA.
                      One mod less, then... Failure in that part, is not a joke... Pretty dangerous at high speeds.

Comment

Liked:
                        - UUC DSSR (less slop, should have been like this from factory).
                        - OE BMW shorter shift lever (I think 20% reduction; should have been like this from factory).
                        - Euro header and sec 1.
                        - Michelin PSS and now PS4S.
                        - Koni Yellows (pairs excellently with stock springs; I enjoy the comfort).
                        - BlueBus (now if we can get Ted to build a CarPlay headunit w/ camera inputs...).
                        - CSL/ZHP wheels (I love the look).

Disliked:
                        - Akebono Euro Ceramic pads (no brake dust, but no initial bite).
                        - Redline D4ATF in the transmission (felt good for 5-10k miles, then became a bit grindy. Flushed it with D4ATF without relief, then back to OEM Pentosin. Still not 100% back, but significantly better than D4ATF).
                        - URO brand trunk struts (thought the trunk was about to get ripped off when opening; promptly tossed them in the trash and ordered the Stabilus OEM replacements).

Comment

Like:
                          Zhp shifter
                          switched my interior from black to a 28k mile cinnamon
                          Giubo and rogue tranny mount refresh.
                          Love my modified euro tips on my B&B triflow
                          KW V2

Dislike:
                          Tinted front windshield
                          Hate/love relationship with B&B muffler sound
                          HATED my k&n intake. Removed after 2 days
                          cinnamon shift and brake boots
                          Status gruppe rear diffuser

Will update when I install all my new mods.

Comment

This is an old list from a decade and a half ago but I will update once all new mods are in.

Like/loved-
                            LMs
                            moton remotes
                            eisie race
                            euro mirror lenses
                            alcantara zcp wheel

Disliked only one-
                            smoked tails

2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

This thread makes me realize how stock my car is. I consider myself an E46 enthusiast yet my car isn't even modded, maybe because I appreciate it so much in stock form...

By far the best upgrade has been wheels and tires. Improved performance and looks by a large margin.

Would like to improve shifting precision next. Always hated the inconsistent 1-2 shift.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                                This thread makes me realize how stock my car is. I consider myself an E46 enthusiast yet my car isn't even modded, maybe because I appreciate it so much in stock form...

By far the best upgrade has been wheels and tires. Improved performance and looks by a large margin.

Would like to improve shifting precision next. Always hated the inconsistent 1-2 shift.
                                I think some people derive their pleasure from tinkering and improving (though sometimes the latter doesn't end up true, lol), and some derive the pleasure from experiencing it as it is. Or a mix of the two. No wrong way to enjoy an E46 M3, unless you bag it or go hellaflush of course.
                                '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Working...
                                X