5 Mods you loved / 5 Mods you didn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lip View Post

Cameras and real estate. Hobbies aren’t cheap.
    Homie you live in LA. That's the scariest place to be into real estate lol
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Oh ya that's right, I have real estate in LA and budding camera hobby too . Now if we had been buying bitcoin instead of car mods....

I think you mean the best place Sharocks
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Homie you live in LA. That's the scariest place to be into real estate lol
        High prices and tenant-friendly laws. But also high appreciation so 🤷🏻‍♂️
        2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
        Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
        Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
        Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
        Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
        Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Oh ya that's right, I have real estate in LA and budding camera hobby too . Now if we had been buying bitcoin instead of car mods....

I think you mean the best place Sharocks
          and amatuer detailers. FRIENDS.

If i invested all my mod money in BTC/TSLA, I don't think I'd be in LA anymore... probably retired on some island somewhere.
          2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
          Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
          Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
          Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
          Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
          Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post

and amatuer detailers. FRIENDS.

If i invested all my mod money in BTC/TSLA, I don't think I'd be in LA anymore... probably retired on some island somewhere.
            Some islands are surprisingly not inexpensive
            Browse hundreds of islands available for sale and rent worldwide. Private Islands Online is the World"s most comprehensive marketplace. Explore the possibilities...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
              Some islands are surprisingly not inexpensive
              Browse hundreds of islands available for sale and rent worldwide. Private Islands Online is the World"s most comprehensive marketplace. Explore the possibilities...

What's the HOA situation like?
              '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

What's the HOA situation like?
                Maybe few bucks per square foot, so depends on how many private tracks you want to build on it, haha.

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  You guys have other hobbies???
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	MicrosoftTeams-image.png
Views:	721
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	78558

Ever since COVID started I've been modifying these to play around the house with the kids. It's a lot cheaper and the M3 has sat in the garage for most of 2020.

Last edited by Distinct; 01-11-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Damn, those nerf guns are lot cooler than when I played with them in early 90's!

I need to get back into my RC airplane/heli hobby, that was SO much fun, the F18 does over 100mph with electronic retracts/flaps etc., huge pucker factor flying that one. I've got a FW 190 I haven't even taken out of the box its been over 2 years since I've flown the RC stuff, M3 is consuming my all of extra time but thats ok.

Name:	20210112_085005.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	78580

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                      Damn, those nerf guns are lot cooler than when I played with them in early 90's!

I need to get back into my RC airplane/heli hobby, that was SO much fun, the F18 does over 100mph with electronic retracts/flaps etc., huge pucker factor flying that one. I've got a FW 190 I haven't even taken out of the box its been over 2 years since I've flown the RC stuff, M3 is consuming my all of extra time but thats ok.

Name:	20210112_085005.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	78580
                      A close friend of mine was in between buying a used V10 R8 with gates or getting his pilots license and flying small planes. He close the planes and now he's looking into buying a Cessna.

There are a lot of hobbies that can be worse, but cars are pretty bad.
                      2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

Worst case he can take the wings off and commute in a Cessna. Can't fly an R8.
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                          Worst case he can take the wings off and commute in a Cessna. Can't fly an R8.
                          His issue is finding a hanger to store the plane in. It's been incredibly useful for our friend group since we can fit 4 in the plane and get to NY from Boston in about an hour and half - 2 hours for pizza.
                          2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

Best:
                            Status Ring Fixed Back Seats - This mod had the most dramatic effect on the feel of the vehicle. I could actually feel what the car was doing and really shows you what this car was meant to do.
                            Volk TE37's (OG model) 19x8.5 & 19x10.5- These have always been my dream wheels, and I have always been a ricer at heart 😂.
                            F8X Brembo Brakes - Braking is similar but I won't have to worry about brake fade anymore. Plus they look amazing behind my wheels.
                            Fortune 500 Coilovers - Customized my spring rates to the calculated flat ride specs and damn they feel great! I love that these are upgradeable to the 510 or dreadnought series, which is what I plan to do in the future.
                            Projector Upgrade: Lightwerkz GR-5 - Crazy output

Worst:
                            Carbon Fiber Intake (Gruppe M Style) - Rattles when WOT and gains are meh lol. Going back to stock soon.
                            Angel Eyes - I actually really liked the way they looked, but the individual LEDs kept dying. Also, when it got too hot outside (100+) they would start to flicker.
                            Catless Section 2 w/ headers & Gruppe M Style Section 3 - Damn the smell was awful and sound was obnoxious. However, under a bridge at WOT, that was a glorious sound haha. I added Resonators and high flow cats to section 2 and love it now.

So many more mods that I loved but the list would be too long lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

A close friend of mine was in between buying a used V10 R8 with gates or getting his pilots license and flying small planes. He close the planes and now he's looking into buying a Cessna.

There are a lot of hobbies that can be worse, but cars are pretty bad.

I can concur planes are are definitely a financially worse hobby than cars - especially if something breaks.

To add to my least favorite mods:
                              No cats - smell was unbearable (sounded good top end)
                              Poly rtabs - noticed 0 benefits

Last edited by Icecream; 01-12-2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

To add to my least favorite mods:
                                No cats - smell was unbearable (sounded good top end)

I’m assuming you’re referring to the smell outside the car and not inside? Maybe it’s because I’m young but I really don’t find the smell of catless to be “unbearable.” I wouldn’t call it pleasant but the exhaust rarely enters the cabin so I don’t really mind it.
                                2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X