No announcement yet.

Castrol 10w60 from Audi (for R8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been doing this for the last 4 years lol. Thanks for the post with the updates though.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
      Motul is $41 on Amazon for a 5L
      It's slightly better than Castrol and it's even got prime shipping.
      Which Motul oil?

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post

Which Motul oil?
        10w60 X-power
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Just FYI, I ordered 41LDSP (Castrol) from Bernardi, but I received the new oil instead. $2.06 difference in pricing, and they didn’t refund the difference lol.

Running this oil shouldn’t be an issue, right?? 😅

Click image for larger version  Name:	4EE1E071-2571-48D3-BF78-3CB1E6EE0C8D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	328.3 KB ID:	79760
          Last edited by SQ13; 01-18-2021, 11:25 AM.
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
            Just FYI, I ordered 41LDSP (Castrol) from Bernardi, but I received the new oil instead. $2.06 difference in pricing, and they didn’t refund the difference lol.

Running this oil shouldn’t be an issue, right?? 😅

Click image for larger version Name:	4EE1E071-2571-48D3-BF78-3CB1E6EE0C8D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	328.3 KB ID:	79760
            Weird .. I ordered the 42LDSP, they contacted me saying it’s been superseded by 41LDSP and asked whether I’m okay with the switch. Since those part numbers are the same Castrol oil (afaik) I said sure go ahead. That was last Tuesday and they haven’t charged me or shipped yet lol. Not sure I’d want to run Mobil over the cheaper and semi-proven Liquimoly 10w-60 that I currently use so I’d probably do a not as described PayPal claim if they give me the runaround on returning / return shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Weird .. I ordered the 42LDSP, they contacted me saying it’s been superseded by 41LDSP and asked whether I’m okay with the switch. Since those part numbers are the same Castrol oil (afaik) I said sure go ahead. That was last Tuesday and they haven’t charged me or shipped yet lol. Not sure I’d want to run Mobil over the cheaper and semi-proven Liquimoly 10w-60 that I currently use so I’d probably do a not as described PayPal claim if they give me the runaround on returning / return shipping.
              Odd. I emailed them..will see what they say. I don’t want to use it in my track car, but I probably wouldn’t mind trying it in my street car when the oil change is due in three months and doing a Blackstone analysis. Where are you getting your LM oil for $36/6L?

Comment

Can confirm that I got the new stuff too .. they took it back no problem and said they can’t order the old stuff anymore. Oh well, LM 10w-60 it is. I can’t get it for $6/L (more like $9) but this wasn’t $6/L either.

Comment

I have used Liqui Moly for several years. It has been great so far and the engine seems to be running with a lower oil temp vs Castrol OE.

Comment

I have the option to return it or get a partial refund for the price difference. Still haven’t decided, but I do want to give it a try since my preferred oil (Castrol) is harder to find now. Mobil1 and LM are both meh decisions for me.

Comment

Can anyone take a pic of the bottle front + rear of both versions?
                      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Damn sorry guys. Maybe a visit to a local dealer would be worth it to see if there's any stock left? Or maybe a phone call...
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Anyone know who has real-deal Castrol at the best price?

Comment

Ecs still sells castrol. Just bought some from them a couple days ago.

2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                              Is this backed up by UOAs anywhere?
                              Here's what I have gleaned from oil manufacturer's web sites for 10W-60 over the past few years.

Feff
                              image_19873.pdf
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Feffman; 01-24-2021, 08:16 AM.
                              MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman View Post

Here's what I have gleaned from oil manufacturer's web sites for 10W-60 over the past few years.

Feff
                                Since i dont understand that I'm gonna ask you so according to that sheet what's a good 10w60 for 125f country temps LOL
                                Last edited by 0-60motorsports; 01-24-2021, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X