No announcement yet.

Transmission mount recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't the SMG shifting hydraulics mounted on the transmission? If so, I don't see how stiffer mounts than stock could make it perform any better.
    If the above is true, I'd stick with stock.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Rogue Engineering over 60k on them still performing excellent.

Comment

I did Tyler’s e21 mod, pretty happy with it.
        2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Neither did I... but I’m subscribed because that theory doesn’t actually make sense to me... I’ve a bunch of auto shift cars and never have I heard that transmission mounts are rendered meaningless therefore... especially in this one where it’s the same manual transmission just mated to a hydro-electro shift actuator.

So far, I’m hearing OE and Rogue... what’s VT?... if there’s n improvement to be had over OE, I’m in for it... not that this thing needs to shift any firmer than DSC off +6.

maw
          Vibra-Technics...I sponsored a GB on M3F back in the day on their engine/trans mounts. Most folks were happy w/them, although some ppl mentioned experiencing an increase in NVH from the engine mounts. I raised my idle by 75rpms and if you sat in my car, you couldn't tell the difference between these and stock @ idle. They still utilize a natural rubber insulator element (albeit firmer than stock) to dampen harmonics.

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          Aren't the SMG shifting hydraulics mounted on the transmission? If so, I don't see how stiffer mounts than stock could make it perform any better.
          If the above is true, I'd stick with stock.
          Yep, but I'm not lying when I say that there was def a more direct (for lack of a better word) feel to the shifts, and an overall transfer of power to the wheels.

Comment

Are the Rogue mounts going to introduce NVH?

Comment

Originally posted by Advorsor View Post
              Are the Rogue mounts going to introduce NVH?
              Not really. Shift knob might vibrate slightly more in neutral.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
              X