Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Trunk BMW Emblem fitment

Hi guys,

I'm encountering difficulty fitting my BMW emblem onto my CSL trunk. The part where the emblem fits on the trunk is curved and so the emblem does not make contact with the trunk to sit flush. There are no holes in the trunk for fitting the grommets so I tried fitting the emblem by double sided tape, however because that part of the trunk is curved, the emblem does not stay on. What is the solution for this? Is there a specific BMW emblem for the CSL trunk? I couldn't find anything specific online. TIA

Originally posted by speedster View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm encountering difficulty fitting my BMW emblem onto my CSL trunk. The part where the emblem fits on the trunk is curved and so the emblem does not make contact with the trunk to sit flush. There are no holes in the trunk for fitting the grommets so I tried fitting the emblem by double sided tape, however because that part of the trunk is curved, the emblem does not stay on. What is the solution for this? Is there a specific BMW emblem for the CSL trunk? I couldn't find anything specific online. TIA
    Not OE?

Comment

Originally posted by Good View Post

Not OE?
      Not OE trunk. Have read people have had similar issues about emblem fitment but haven't seen a solution..

Comment

I had an issue on my OE CSL trunk in that the emblem would not sit flat because the pre-drilled holes that hold those white plastic pieces that in turn hold the emblem were too small so they didn't go in far enough.
        I ended up using a dremel and very carefully removing material so the the little plastic emblem holder pieces could sit flush and in turn the emblem was flush as well.
        Although, if your saying that area isn't flat then that is a different issue than I had.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

i would just carefully drill the 2 holes & put the OEM grommets in place. Thats the only way you'll get that emblem to stay in place....3M prob will lift

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
            I had an issue on my OE CSL trunk in that the emblem would not sit flat because the pre-drilled holes that hold those white plastic pieces that in turn hold the emblem were too small so they didn't go in far enough.
            I ended up using a dremel and very carefully removing material so the the little plastic emblem holder pieces could sit flush and in turn the emblem was flush as well.
            Although, if your saying that area isn't flat then that is a different issue than I had.
            Interesting solution! Yes, mine does not have the pre-drilled holes and the part where the emblem sits is curved/slightly concave!

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
              i would just carefully drill the 2 holes & put the OEM grommets in place. Thats the only way you'll get that emblem to stay in place....3M prob will lift
              Thanks for the suggestion! Seems like that's the only option that would ensure proper fitment

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion! Seems like that's the only option that would ensure proper fitment
                yeah my memory is failing me at the moment, but i believe i did the same thing when fitting my Vorsteiner trunk.....I forget if the holes were there, or if i had to enlarge the holes to fit the oem grommets....but either way that is the best solution.....i'm not using any 3M tape....the grommets themselves hold it in place very well (assuming you're using an oem emblem with the 2 pins)

Comment

I ended up drilling two holes and using the grommets and oem emblem. It's almost perfectly flush against the trunk. Thanks everyone!

Comment

I ended up drilling two holes and using the grommets and oem emblem. It's almost perfectly flush against the trunk. Thanks everyone!
                    Have a picture you could share?
                    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

I ran into this issue as well; I ended up using a vinyl roundel sticker. You'd only really notice it if I point it out.

If its good enough for the GT3 RS crest, then its good enough for my m3.

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Have a picture you could share?
                        Here's a close up of the emblem, almost perfectly flush against the trunk

Comment

Working...
                        X