Billet Oil Filter Housing Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billet Oil Filter Housing Cap

Does anyone still readily offer a billet S54 oil filter housing cap? Many moons ago, I remember some members getting together on a forum to have these CNC'ed. I'm looking for the raw AL look. ECS has a "billet" cap but its black anodized and the style is different than what I am looking for.

Here's the only photo I could readily find. It was produced by MP Racing. I have messages them on Instagram

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jfif
Views:	2205
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	82475
    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Yes these were available from a member on the old M3Forum, can’t recall his username thou. They sure are a nice piece! 😎

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
    Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
    Evolve Eventuri
    - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
      Yes these were available from a member on the old M3Forum, can’t recall his username thou. They sure are a nice piece! 😎
      That's the one. They sure are!

'05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I got one a few years back on M3forum.net from a member in Quebec. I believe his username was M klunk and I wish I had ordered a few more. Click image for larger version  Name:	84D26437-9433-48F1-8759-6D804C55A413.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	113.0 KB ID:	83011
        Last edited by Calb; 02-05-2021, 08:12 AM.

Comment

That’s it...MClunk.
          Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Thanks guys. 'M clunk' did register on here originally and I sent him a message.

Comment

Sweet! These are a very nice addition!
              Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                Thanks guys. 'M clunk' did register on here originally and I sent him a message.
                Any response from this guy? Looking to buy one for myself aswell
                Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by ATS///Antone View Post

Any response from this guy? Looking to buy one for myself aswell
                  Anthony
                  Negative. MP Racing was another lead that hit a dead end. You can see on mpracing.ca on instagram that he was gearing up to manufacture but has been non-responsive. I messaged with another member who believes MP Racing lost his access to a CNC machine. May be worth sending an IG message and see if he responds.

Comment

Hey guys!

Would there be any interest if I was to start producing these?
                    I would also be offering a version with ports for oil temp & pressure lines.

Comment

I would definitely be interested

Comment

Originally posted by e46davin View Post
                        Hey guys!

Would there be any interest if I was to start producing these?
                        I would also be offering a version with ports for oil temp & pressure lines.
                        The oil filter cap would be the wrong place to take a temp and pressure reading.

There's already an M12x1.5 port on the back of the oil filter housing for a pressure sender. I run an AN6 line from that port to a pressure sender for a gauge and a pressure switch which activates a siren inside of the car at < 20psi.

I think the ideal location is welding a bung in the witch's hat on the bottom of the oil pan, offset from the center so it doesn't interfere with the oil pump pickup. But the OE oil temp gauge is accurate and an aftermarket gauge is mostly redundant.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

The oil filter cap would be the wrong place to take a temp and pressure reading.

There's already an M12x1.5 port on the back of the oil filter housing for a pressure sender. I run an AN6 line from that port to a pressure sender for a gauge and a pressure switch which activates a siren inside of the car at < 20psi.

I think the ideal location is welding a bung in the witch's hat on the bottom of the oil pan, offset from the center so it doesn't interfere with the oil pump pickup. But the OE oil temp gauge is accurate and an aftermarket gauge is mostly redundant.
                            What's your oil pressure at hot idle? Mine is definitely < 20psi.

Comment

Spec for oil pressure at idle is 0.7 bar or 10.3 psi.

Comment

Working...
                              X