Passenger occupancy sensor error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passenger occupancy sensor error

Hey guys, I’m getting a passenger side occupancy error code which is throwing the airbag light. Shall I replace it with a new occupancy mat on my passenger side CSL seat or get a bypass thing from eBay?

Another option is turning it off via coding
    IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
    A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
    Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
    Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
    Touring S62 6MT
    Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post
      Another option is turning it off via coding
      It won’t effect the safety of anyone in the passenger seat right?

Comment

Same thing happened on my car and I disabled the occupancy sensor via coding. As far as I know, if the sensor is disabled, then the passenger airbag will go off regardless of whether someone is sitting in that seat or not.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I got an awesome deal on an occupancy sensor so got it.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
            I got an awesome deal on an occupancy sensor so got it.
            Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Were you able to solve your issue with a new sensor?

I recently had heated seat mats retrofitted to my car (used all factory parts) but after my upholsterer finished his work, I'm throwing a passenger side occupancy sensor code and airbag light.

I need to take a look under the seat to make sure everything is plugged in properly, but do you know what part number you ordered?

I attached the parts diagram from RealOEM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Occupancy Sensor.png
Views:	110
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	237639

Comment

Originally posted by jrgatfh View Post

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Were you able to solve your issue with a new sensor?

I recently had heated seat mats retrofitted to my car (used all factory parts) but after my upholsterer finished his work, I'm throwing a passenger side occupancy sensor code and airbag light.

I need to take a look under the seat to make sure everything is plugged in properly, but do you know what part number you ordered?

I attached the parts diagram from RealOEM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Occupancy Sensor.png
Views:	110
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	237639
              Yes, should be 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Code it out. The eBay plug in thing I got didn’t work but coding removed the light.

Comment

unplug and code it off.

The function of the sensor is to make it so the passenger air bag does not go off in a crash if nobody is in the passenger seat, lowering repair costs, lowering insurance rates. It's not something insurance companies ask about, so you can nix it and be fine-- still get the upside of lower rates, not have to replace the most failure prone sensor on the interior, and no insurance fraud committed.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                  X