Clicking Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G3N3M3 View Post

Wow! Thanks for the feedback!! I’ll definitely bring these points up to my mechanic tomorrow.

I was never really a forum guy before but I’m diggin all this support, thanks everyone 👍
    You’re welcome bro. Good luck and let us know what the mechanics verdict is.

FYI- you can get parts for cheaper from other sites but I like Fcp because of their lifetime warranty. If it fails you get a replacement no questions asked. Even oil and other fluids.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

You’re welcome bro. Good luck and let us know what the mechanics verdict is.

FYI- you can get parts for cheaper from other sites but I like Fcp because of their lifetime warranty. If it fails you get a replacement no questions asked. Even oil and other fluids.
      Yeah heads up to OP though: The M Shop doesn't let you order/supply your own parts. You have to buy parts from them/their supplier, so no FCP lifetime replacement.

Comment

When I installed rear spacers and used longer bolts a clicking noise appeared by the center console.

It would go away if I barely lifted the e-brake.

I ended up putting two and two together and it ended up being the bolts too long and rubbing against something in the e-brake and the noise was transmitted through the e-brake cable into the cabin.

I shaved off like .02” out of the bolts and it went away.

Doubt its the same but worth a shot checking.

Comment

Originally posted by R1pilot View Post
          When I installed rear spacers and used longer bolts a clicking noise appeared by the center console.

It would go away if I barely lifted the e-brake.

I ended up putting two and two together and it ended up being the bolts too long and rubbing against something in the e-brake and the noise was transmitted through the e-brake cable into the cabin.

I shaved off like .02” out of the bolts and it went away.

Doubt its the same but worth a shot checking.
          DING DING DING! This was the exact same reason for the clicking sound lol. My mechanic looked at the issue and at first he thought it was the rear sway bar as it was not bolted on properly by the previous owner. They took it for a test drive after securing sway bar but the clicking sound was there. Before looking at the drive shaft, he decided to change the bolts off the wheel just to see if that could be the case and it absolutely was hahaha

Saved a ton of money and stress!

Comment

I am glad it was an easy fix.

It drove me insane for a week as I had just upgraded to euro headers and cats and I thought I had messed something in the area.

Comment

Working...
            X