• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any feedback on this driveshaft?

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
      Any feedback on this driveshaft?
      The initial test driveshaft needed revisions and M-Factory is working on it. I haven't heard official updates yet from Michael. I'm hoping this will be launched in the winter. I'm currently installing the V3 DCT version on my E9X M3 for final testing.

Comment

Please keep us updated. Interesting in the product but with multiple previous revisions(going back to M3forum.net), I am a bit apprehensive.

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
          Please keep us updated. Interesting in the product but with multiple previous revisions(going back to M3forum.net), I am a bit apprehensive.
          Understandably so! These do make more resonance as they are hollow - but there shouldn't be any vibrations whatsoever for them to be functional.

Comment

This GB is cancelled.

Unfortunately, MFactory's V3 has critical vibration issues per all recent testings on the E9X M3 and E46 M3.

I am currently discussing with the actual, original manufacturer of the V2 and hold the patents of the proprietary flange design. I will be doing a pre-order for the E9X M3 shortly. I will also test, document and review a E46 M3 driveshaft later this Winter for a probable Spring introduction.

----

Some cliff notes:
            • Mfactory made a V3 claiming the carbon tube was improved and the proprietary flange was retained. Turns out we were lied to.
            • They went back to the V1 flange proven to fail as they don't actually hold any patent or license.
            • The carbon tube is made by a golf club manufacturer that doesn’t have the equipment to balance it.
            • All testers had vibrations issues.
            • He brushed all testers off and still shipped orders out. I raised red flags and was thrown under the bus.
            • Upon digging, Mfactory did a V3 because the V2 had a price increase due to covid’s impact on Toray, the raw carbon manufacturer - and he couldn’t make it work with the initial E9X M3 GB pricing I had negotiated a year ago.
            • The V2 is alive, available and actually manufactured by YFCM Composites LtD, the rightful patent holder to the flange proven to work out in the real world with 400+ installations.
            Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-28-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

will this gb open again?

Comment

Originally posted by 4getr34 View Post
                will this gb open again?
                As far as I know there is no product for the E46 M3 to open this GB?

Comment

Has anyone approached a US firm of known quality and reliability like QA1 (https://www.qa1.net/custom-driveshafts) doing a custom carbon fiber driveshaft? Per their web site, a custom driveshaft is somewhere around $1,600 but I assume it would be a bit higher to do the front driveshaft fitting for the M3 front donut.

Feff
                  MVP Track Time

Comment

I've been running the proper YFCM E46 M3 CF driveshaft for 3 months. It works flawlessly on my car.

See here.

10x were delivered to pre-order members. The next pre-order will be launched this month for E46 M, E6x M and E9x M applications. These take roughly 3 months to manufacture in batches.
                    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 11-14-2022, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I may be interested in jumping on the next E46 buy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by C///M View Post

Me too, if its reasonable shipped to Bahrain LOL

Comment

Originally posted by C///M View Post

You can get on the waiting list here.

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Me too, if its reasonable shipped to Bahrain LOL
                          180$ US anywhere : )

From my feedback, I suggested to optimize the 6spd flange. They have lightened the flange by reducing its length specifically for manual guys.

The kicker: it's also cheaper!

Disregard the seal, this was fitted for dimensions testing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

will there be a smg version? or is it one size fits all?

Comment

Originally posted by 4getr34 View Post
                              will there be a smg version? or is it one size fits all?
                              Yes, the SMG version is the longer flange. It's what I have on my car now, even though it's a 6spd. The shortened flange was made to reduce needless cost, and weight for 6spd guys.

Comment

Thanks I’m in

Comment

Working...
                                X