• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GB: E46 M3 Carbon Driveshaft by MFactory

Update
    December 2021

This GB is cancelled.

Unfortunately, MFactory's V3 has critical vibration issues per all recent testings on the E9X M3 and E46 M3.

I am currently discussing with the actual, original manufacturer of the V2 and hold the patents of the proprietary flange design. I will be doing a pre-order for the E9X M3 shortly. I will also test, document and review a E46 M3 driveshaft later this Winter for a probable Spring introduction.

----

Some cliff notes:
    • Mfactory made a V3 claiming the carbon tube was improved and the proprietary flange was retained. Turns out we were lied to.
    • They went back to the V1 flange proven to fail as they don't actually hold any patent or license.
    • The carbon tube is made by a golf club manufacturer that doesn’t have the equipment to balance it.
    • All testers had vibrations issues.
    • He brushed all testers off and still shipped orders out. I raised red flags and was thrown under the bus.
    • Upon digging, Mfactory did a V3 because the V2 had a price increase due to covid’s impact on Toray, the raw carbon manufacturer - and he couldn’t make it work with the initial E9X M3 GB pricing I had negotiated a year ago.
    • The V2 is alive, available and actually manufactured by YFCM Composites LtD, the rightful patent holder to the flange proven to work out in the real world with 400+ installations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-29-2021, 09:35 AM.

Committed #1

Comment

Originally posted by Acetech View Post
      Committed #1
      Legend.

Comment

I'll take #2 spot.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
          I'll take #2 spot.
          Commit here: https://euroconnex.co/products/e46-m...factory-smg-mt

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
            Done!
            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

What’s the price? Assume I’m not filling out a form to discover it.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                What’s the price? Assume I’m not filling out a form to discover it.

maw
                GBs are all under MAP pricing for these brands. I need to lock them out behind a member’s account otherwise dealers will complain and we will lose the brands’ support.

Comment

PM me if you don’t mind... you won’t see it repeated.

maw

Comment

Comment

Too bad they don't offer this for the 5spd swap guys, that 6 speed too heavy!
                      Last edited by 332; 02-20-2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 332 View Post
                        Too bad they don't offer this for the 5spd swap guys, that 6 speed too heavy!
                        I would be interested in a 5spd swap length CF driveshaft. On m3forum there was a similar thread and there was interest for a 5spd swap length driveshaft from others as well.
                        SF Bay Area Vanos, Rod Bearings, Inspection II, etc. Services : Member Feedback
                        E46 M3 Track Videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/DanAvon

Comment

Make sure that the diff flange has slots in it for a pry bar...makes life much much easier if you should ever need to remove it. My BETA tester did not, and I had to grind a slot in it to aid removal.

Comment

Originally posted by DanAvoN7 View Post
                            I would be interested in a 5spd swap length CF driveshaft. On m3forum there was a similar thread and there was interest for a 5spd swap length driveshaft from others as well.
                            If ya know, ya know! In for a 5spd length!

Comment

Originally posted by 332 View Post

If ya know, ya know! In for a 5spd length!
                              When I was in talks w/Michael previously w/regards to starting the original GB, he said that we would probably need at least 10 ppl signed up for buying one for a 5spd before he would commit to production. I’m guessing things haven’t changed?

Comment

Working...
                              X