Multiple misfire error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Thanks, I have run the vanos test (previous to Beisan stuff) in DIS so I would have to assume that it's already running the fister profile as those screenshots look identical. I've got the pss-autosoft setup from and have only used it the one time for a vanos test just to see if I could make it work, still learning the ropes.

Thanks for the help, my nerves are killing me, want to drive this thing.

Would simply letting it idle and running a vanos test be something to even consider?
    Did you mean adapt? You can try it and see. Won’t hurt anything, worst case it will sit there and say not adapted. I think oil temp needs to be up so up to you if you want to idle long enough to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

Did you mean adapt? You can try it and see. Won’t hurt anything, worst case it will sit there and say not adapted. I think oil temp needs to be up so up to you if you want to idle long enough to see.
      I thought I might do a vanos test letting it idle, but without driving the car it won't really adapt to anything, from what I understand it sounds like I need to reset/view adaptations and THEN do the vanos test.
      I don't want it to sit and idle for that long so it'll just have to wait til I can drive it.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

It will adapt without driving, you need to let it idle and once up to temp rev it a couple if times, no meed to rev to the limiter, just wot to different rpm levels. We just did this on a Z4M and it did adapt.

you can reset adaptations in INPA, it will show 0 as the adaptation value, and then after a few revs it will display the new values.

if you read your values before reset you will see where you where before and then an after to see how much better you are after the service

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
          It will adapt without driving, you need to let it idle and once up to temp rev it a couple if times, no meed to rev to the limiter, just wot to different rpm levels. We just did this on a Z4M and it did adapt.

you can reset adaptations in INPA, it will show 0 as the adaptation value, and then after a few revs it will display the new values.

if you read your values before reset you will see where you where before and then an after to see how much better you are after the service
          Thanks, I didn't run it long enough to get up to temp., nor did I rev. it hardly at all, this was likely the issue on it not adapting from the sounds of it.
          I did take note before clearing adaptations and am hoping all is well with my cam offsets in the end, I had a hell of a time getting engine timing correct, but it all finally fell into place.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Working...
          X