Best subframe reinforcement kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom side: CMP

Top side: Racecar or HPDE car that might get caged - CMP, Streetcar - Vincebar
    '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
    Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Top side.
      For a subframe without cracks + vincebar, are plates still necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Day View Post

Seems like yes.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I have the Redish Plates, which I would recommend. I also have the CMP Topside kit w/ front extension on my caged car. If it is a daily driven car I would go straight to the Vincebar without installing any plates and be happy with it. The CMP kit is extremely high quality and I recommend it, although you would have to deal with an unsightly (to some) bar in your trunk. Honestly it is just a matter of how you intend to use the car, and what you are comfortable with. I will say, if you go the CMP route, I would order sooner rather than later. It takes a while for the kit to arrive from Outback.
          2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
          [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Day View Post
            “Necessary” no.

Depending on your car’s use it may be more suggested.
            Last edited by old///MFanatic; 03-10-2021, 12:16 PM.
            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I had my complete rear subframe replaced by BMW in Illinois under an "Optional" (At Discretion) of the dealership scenario. I shared the complete process with pictures on the old M3Forum several years ago but curious if anyone has an update on whether or not this still applies today? It was about a 2 week process and initiated by a BMW technician verifying the subframe was cracking and/or cracked upon inspection.

For context, I was told it wasn't covered under warranty by another dealership so I went to a 2nd one at the time and they took the bait

Comment

I run the CMP plates with solid bushings in subframe and differential. I'm extremely happy with how everything feels and has held up!

Comment

I have a question, welding techniques? Is it recommended to run a complete bead, or is tack welding all around with epoxy under the best way?

Comment

Originally posted by Michalek0915 View Post
                    I had my complete rear subframe replaced by BMW in Illinois under an "Optional" (At Discretion) of the dealership scenario. I shared the complete process with pictures on the old M3Forum several years ago but curious if anyone has an update on whether or not this still applies today? It was about a 2 week process and initiated by a BMW technician verifying the subframe was cracking and/or cracked upon inspection.

For context, I was told it wasn't covered under warranty by another dealership so I went to a 2nd one at the time and they took the bait
                    That was the voluntary fix by BMWNA from the settlement back around 2009/2010. It was available for just that window in time, time expired under the class action “settlement agreement”. I had my previous E46 covered as well. If any dealership has on their own dime covered it all since that’s separate from BMWNA and I have not heard a real confirmed story of that happening.
                    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                      That was the voluntary fix by BMWNA from the settlement back around 2009/2010. It was available for just that window in time, time expired under the class action “settlement agreement”. I had my previous E46 covered as well. If any dealership has on their own dime covered it all since that’s separate from BMWNA and I have not heard a real confirmed story of that happening.
                      Thank you for the detailed context on that. That would have been around the time that I got the work done on the M3. I didn't realize the window was that short. Thanks again for the detail on it.

Comment

Apologies for what is probably a stupid question. I'm planning to pick up the CMP plates for the bottom side and am interested in the VinceBar to retain the current state of the trunk. Where is the best place to pick up the VinceBar?
                        2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                        [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post
                          Where is the best place to pick up the VinceBar?

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Contact via Facebook, they don't have any of the "Stealth" versions in stock, they do have the "simplified" versions in stock which from what I understand are the same as the "Stealth" except you cannot fully hide it.
                          With the the original "Stealth" version you can put the sheet metal over it and make it a finished look but I guess that's a hell of a lot of work/skill and most don't even bother so hence the creation of the "simplified" version.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Contact via Facebook, they don't have any of the "Stealth" versions in stock, they do have the "simplified" versions in stock which from what I understand are the same as the "Stealth" except you cannot fully hide it.
                            With the the original "Stealth" version you can put the sheet metal over it and make it a finished look but I guess that's a hell of a lot of work/skill and most don't even bother so hence the creation of the "simplified" version.
                            Super helpful, much appreciated!

My car's subframe/RACP seems to be in fairly decent shape as of now. Given that I don't plan on tracking the car much, would pairing CMP stage 1 and 1.5 be close to sufficient in the near/mid term? The fact that they're modular is pretty cool to retain option value.
                            2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                            [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post
                              Apologies for what is probably a stupid question. I'm planning to pick up the CMP plates for the bottom side and am interested in the VinceBar to retain the current state of the trunk. Where is the best place to pick up the VinceBar?
                              I have been talking with Vince about a group buy, so stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                                I have been talking with Vince about a group buy, so stay tuned
                                Hope this develops quickly. 👍🏻

More so wish there was a USA distributor so one didn’t have to wait so long (or pay so much) for shipping between Sweden (Vince) or Australia (CMP).

Comment

Working...
                                X