Fixing side skirt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing side skirt...

Does anyone have a recommendation on an adhesive that works on whatever plastic the side skirts are made of? The little strip that clicks into the car side clips pulled away from the body of the skirt at one place (see photo). CA, epoxy, or plastic welding rod are options I’ve considered....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recording this for posterity...just in case someone else runs into the problem.

I tried some plastic welding strips, to no avail. Could have been user error, but i couldn't get a good bond between the strip and the body of the side skirt. What -did- wind up working so far was JB Weld Plastic Bonder. I roughed up and cleaned the two mating surfaces and applied liberally. After it cured for several days, i took a needle file and removed any excess that would interfere with attachment of the body clip.

Comment

Should have just welded the plastic with some plastic welder/soldering iron. But JB Weld is probably fine too.
      BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Kind of off topic but how do these side skirts come off? I want to get mine repainted are their clips on the bottom you remove then pull it off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
        X