Subframe Fix in Pacific Northwest--Seattle area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keljos View Post

I'm strongly in favor of transparency, happy to share. They quoted me around $3.4K to reinforce the subframe ($950 in parts, $2,450 in labor). That includes the cost of the underside plates which I had already sourced through CMP, however they expressed some hesitation from deviating from their playbook which is to use the Bimmerworld Subframe Repair Kit. AMS quoted a much lower amount for labor and were happy to use the CMP plates I already had.
    This was exactly my experience. $3.2k w/Bimmerworld plates. I asked them about using Redish ones and they were hesitant. I also enquired about corrosion prevention (matters a lot to me) and he was surprised to be asked that. Didn't really have much to share and indicated it was basic primer and paint.

AMS was lower in price and also offered a much more comprehensive approach to corrosion prevention. Now if only Derek gets back to me....
    2005 ZCP 6spd Coupe, Interlagos / Cinn

Comment

Originally posted by anykarthik View Post

This was exactly my experience. $3.2k w/Bimmerworld plates. I asked them about using Redish ones and they were hesitant. I also enquired about corrosion prevention (matters a lot to me) and he was surprised to be asked that. Didn't really have much to share and indicated it was basic primer and paint.

AMS was lower in price and also offered a much more comprehensive approach to corrosion prevention. Now if only Derek gets back to me....
      I'm also in Seattle looking to get subframe done. What did you end up doing? Were you able to get it done at AMS? I called Signature BMW in Kirkland and they quoted around $2500 using the Turner plates.
      2006 Interlagos Blue 6MT | PNW
      Fortune Auto | Hotchkis F + R | Racing Dynamics | Auto Solutions SSK | Megan Headers | Supersprint Race | Apex 18x9.5 ET28 | 275 Squared | OEM CSL Trunk | CSL Diffuser | Euro Bumper

Comment

Originally posted by silbergrau137 View Post

I'm also in Seattle looking to get subframe done. What did you end up doing? Were you able to get it done at AMS? I called Signature BMW in Kirkland and they quoted around $2500 using the Turner plates.
        AMS never got back to me after a few initial emails and I've put the project on the back burner for a bit. I've got the Redish V3 plates sitting at home for whenever I decide to look into this again.
        2005 ZCP 6spd Coupe, Interlagos / Cinn

Comment

Originally posted by anykarthik View Post

AMS never got back to me after a few initial emails and I've put the project on the back burner for a bit. I've got the Redish V3 plates sitting at home for whenever I decide to look into this again.
          Bummer - I hope all is well for the owner. While I no longer have my E46 (swapped over to E92), I definitely had envisioned working with AMS in the future. Will keep my eye out.
          2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
          [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Try Racer on Rails. They run a lot of local race cars, including Spec E46 and an M3.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Yeah I honestly don't think AMS is in business. I've called everyday for two weeks and no response. Strictly BMW in Bellevue told me that E46's don't need subframe reinforcements or rod bearings.... Group 2 Automotive in Woodinville quoted me $12k for subframe and rod bearings... I'm still trying to find a decent shop that is fair priced.
              Fortune Auto | Hotchkis F + R | Racing Dynamics | Auto Solutions SSK | Megan Headers | Supersprint Race | Apex 18x9.5 ET28 | 275 Squared | OEM CSL Trunk | CSL Diffuser | Euro Bumper

Comment

Yeah I honestly don't think AMS is in business. I've called everyday for two weeks and no response. Strictly BMW in Bellevue told me that E46's don't need subframe reinforcements or rod bearings.... Group 2 Automotive in Woodinville quoted me $12k for subframe and rod bearings... I'm still trying to find a decent shop that is fair priced.
                LMAO, I'll remember to never recommend Strictly BMW. That's is absurd! Thank you for sharing that lil piece of info. Holy smokes.. I'll be DIYing everything except the welding. I'll just have someone come over and do it in my garage. That being said. I'm renovating the house I just bought and really don't know when I'll be able to wrench.

Comment

Well I just sent a note via AMS website about a CMP install on an e46 m3 and he responded pretty quickly via email. Not sure what he has against you?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jdamore44 View Post
                    Well I just sent a note via AMS website about a CMP install on an e46 m3 and he responded pretty quickly via email. Not sure what he has against you?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
                    Alright, I will contact them through their website form. I'm pretty close to driving to San Jose, CA for rod bearings/subframe. Was quoted around $5k for both. Worth driving down if everyone else is $10k!

Comment

Got ahold of AMS within a day of messaging them vs calling. Very kind and knowledgeable. Going in on the 22nd. Hope to meet some of you Seattle folk at a meet sometime.

Comment

+1 for AMS. Good deal. Derek is a busy guy... He runs a great shop. He did my vanos and clutch.

Comment

Got ahold of AMS within a day of messaging them vs calling. Very kind and knowledgeable. Going in on the 22nd. Hope to meet some of you Seattle folk at a meet sometime.
                          Hi have you finished the top bar and lower racp plates there? How much did you pay? I'm going to do the same but with sub 39k miles I don't know whether I should do it or not

Comment

Working...
                          X