Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freaky parts / Buildjournal Brembo BBK vs 996 DIY BBK for HPDE/track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sergmann View Post

let me know what you hear. I was told I could do a "like exchange" and pay the difference if any but that they no longer have access to that pad. They did say they were trying to research new options but at the moment there is nothing. I do wonder if this is the beginning of the end for free replacement tack pads from FCP?

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...-ds1-11-a.html

there is also this rennlist thread. In it FCP explicitly states that they will drop ship but when I questioned that and linked the thread I was told no.
    interesting, I might go CSL rotors and keep the factory calipers as you can still get Hawk track pads from them. Less than a year ago FCP carried both the DTC-60/70 and DS11 pads for the 996 calipers.

Edit: Looking at FCP's site for other options, they list the DS2500 in both the F30 M-sport calipers and the M3 calipers, and show all Hawk racing pads for both models as backorder/no ETA.
    Last edited by S14; 03-25-2021, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I can't comment on Hawk, and this is anecdotal evidence from other Ferodo parts, but it seems there are a fair number of Ferodo DS pads on backorder at the moment.

Essex is the only Ferodo distributor in the US ("officially") I believe, so if they're out of stock then the country is out of stock.
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Been a little over a month, any updates from those that installed the freakyparts kit? I've had mine sitting in the closet since black friday, planning to install this weekend. Mostly street use, as I track a gutted e36 instead.

Also, anyone running this with zcp fronts? Read that spacers are required, ranging from 17mm - 20mm.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes for now because of the spacers you mention and the fact that the caliper used in the Freakyparts kit was designed for a 30 mm rotor currently has me going the 996 route. The latter I’ve read causes the pedal to soften according to some on the UK M3 site.
          ‘04 M3

Comment

Installed them last weekend. Running arc-8 18 x 9.5 et35 with 5mm spacer. It's pretty tight, but there is ~3mm of clearance at the tightest.

Comment

Just caught up with some of the posts on here. It’s worth noting the RenaultSport 275 Cup calipers we use in our kits are designed for the 28mm thick discs fitted to the Megane. There is enough room in the caliper for 30mm thick discs which is why they work well with the E9x M3 discs. But don’t be confused thinking they’re “designed” for a 30mm thick disc so won’t work with the 28mm CSL disc.

Comment

Also, the pedal won’t be softer than stock as the total piston area is slightly smaller meaning the pedal will feel a little firmer.

Comment

Can confirm. Pedal feel is great after the install.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyParts View Post
                    Also, the pedal won’t be softer than stock as the total piston area is slightly smaller meaning the pedal will feel a little firmer.
                    Thanks for chiming in, what's your recommendation for a rear setup to pair with 345mm fronts to keep close to stock bias, or slightly more rear bias over stock?
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Thanks for chiming in, what's your recommendation for a rear setup to pair with 345mm fronts to keep close to stock bias, or slightly more rear bias over stock?
                      996 Rear.

Does anyone know any sources for the 996 rears?

Comment

Hi,

Does anyone run the Apex Arc-8 (18 x9.5 ET35) with these Megans calipers?

Did you need to use a spacer for the calipers to clear the front wheels ?

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post
                          Hi,

Does anyone run the Apex Arc-8 (18 x9.5 ET35) with these Megans calipers?

Did you need to use a spacer for the calipers to clear the front wheels ?
                          I have. I added a 5mm spacer to clear the wheels, based on comments from m3cutters for the same setup. I estimate that I have around 3mm of clearance at the closest point.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lavatoad; 06-18-2021, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Is anyone running this kit with OEM 18s?

Comment

Hi,

By chance is anyone running this kit with the 360mm rotors (E92 M3 rotors)?

Since this would essentially push the caliper further toward the edge / barrel of the rim (since the rotor is bigger), one could gain more clearance maybe without a spacer.

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post
                                Hi,

By chance is anyone running this kit with the 360mm rotors (E92 M3 rotors)?

Since this would essentially push the caliper further toward the edge / barrel of the rim (since the rotor is bigger), one could gain more clearance maybe without a spacer.

https://freakyparts.co.uk/collection...34297032736813
                                Buddy has that kit ok his car. He is running 18" TE37s

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X