Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to plug in throttle position sensor

Hey guys,

just did an oil change on my car. I started the car to let oil circulate throughout the car to see if I added enough oil (I let the car idle for about 1min-2min), afterwards I added half a quart more oil, started the car and left the shop. After pulling out my SES & EML light turned on, then I realized I forgot to plug the throttle position sensor in.

In summary, I let the car idle for 1-2min with my throttle position sensor disconnected; did I cause any serious harm? Will my SES & EML light go away with time? I could go back into the shop Monday and clear the codes if need be, just hoping I didn’t do any serious harm.

No harm. You might be able to disconnect the battery and clear the codes that way.
    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
      No harm. You might be able to disconnect the battery and clear the codes that way.
      Ah, that’s good to hear. I’ll definitely give that a try, thanks.

Comment

Unplugging the battery won't clear the code, but the lights might go away after a couple restarts.

Comment

Working...
        X